Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats on the new VINS and Deliveries, so happy to see H Town movement!
Are you installing ting/Xpel/ coatings or any other form of protection?

Also, I noticed (for some reason for the first time today) that the front badge is not blacked out......I am going to look for a black one...has anyone taught about it ?
Thanks, I am thinking of getting just the front windows tinted to match the rears and maybe ppf on only the front bumper.

I ordered my Model Y on 3/20 and it still says October 2022 on my account profile. Input all my information and everything. How are people getting June delivery dates? Are y’all switching to the performance model? I don’t have FSD ad well.

Also, I noticed (for some reason for the first time today) that the front badge is not blacked out......I am going to look for a black one...has anyone taught about it ?
I'm getting Spectra Photosync tint, full-front PPF and ceramic coating from EVS Motors. They can paint the emblems as well but am holding off for now. There are also some good options online for black emblems.

I'm getting Spectra Photosync tint, full-front PPF and ceramic coating from EVS Motors. They can paint the emblems as well but am holding off for now. There are also some good options online for black emblems.
I have only had white cars with black trim/emblems. I remember I used to apply plastidip in the past on a Grand Cherokee, but on my Corvette I debadged and bought OEM black emblems.
Is the current MYP coming with Front, Rear and Dual Motor badges in chrome, I mean all of them chrome?

I have it for my Model 3 and will add the Model Y once I take delivery. It’s way more affordable than what I was paying at Progressive with better coverage. I am in Austin, TX.
Thanks for the reply.
I will try Tesla insurance first.
I get a multi vehicle discount with Liberty Mutual but they couldn’t give me a good quote until I get the vin.

Thanks for the reply.
I will try Tesla insurance first.
I get a multi vehicle discount with Liberty Mutual but they couldn’t give me a good quote until I get the vin.
I was receiving a Multi vehicle discount with progressive, but the price of Tesla insurance was still cheaper leaving my one vehicle on Progressive and moving the Tesla over to Tesla Insurance. I am saving 125 a month.

All Chrome badges unfortunately. Just changed out and last task is attempting to vinyl wrap the OEM license plate frame and if that fails I plan on a black silicone one.
85A8F9FA-BFCF-4129-ABDE-CF975452DD6C.jpeg
DA0D889F-1D7E-46A3-AD31-01469AC44F23.jpeg

All Chrome badges unfortunately. Just changed out and last task is attempting to vinyl wrap the OEM license plate frame and if that fails I plan on a black silicone one.View attachment 796316View attachment 796317
Looks Great. I ordered some black decals from Amazon. Tesla T & Dual Motor. Where did you get your decals from? Or was it Installed by a shop?

Online order. They’re ABS plastic and I think they all come from same China factory. FYI the adhesive is terrible esp on the dual motor. Consider using an adhesive promoter prior to install.
They look good though. I remember debadging my C7 has been a huge pain in the XXX.....but Chevy was selling OEM black badges.
I saw several video of people just using plastidip on them, which is not that hard at all and also removable, I think I will go down that route.

Gosh White with Black is Sexy!!! Congrats

One of the many dip video

Reactions: Jones1
They look good though. I remember debadging my C7 has been a huge pain in the XXX.....but Chevy was selling OEM black badges.
I saw several video of people just using plastidip on them, which is not that hard at all and also removable, I think I will go down that route.

Gosh White with Black is Sexy!!! Congrats

One of the many dip video
Agreed , this was a route I was considering but ultimately decided against as it does peel over time and the "dual motor" and red line would have been a pain to preserve the red and only dechrome the border. Hyperdip is the way to go though. Lots of info you can search as to why its better.

FYI I just learned the hard way, all deliveries after 11/21, the 2 USB C ports in front center console are power only, no data. They can only charge devices but cannot communicate with the infotainment. Only the USB A in the glovebox has data so consider getting a glovebox hub if you plan on a game controller or USB drive with music.

FYI I just learned the hard way, all deliveries after 11/21, the 2 USB C ports in front center console are power only, no data. They can only charge devices but cannot communicate with the infotainment. Only the USB A in the glovebox has data so consider getting a glovebox hub if you plan on a game controller or USB drive with music.

This is a bummer for me, I saw plenty of YouTube videos of people using USB controllers, I might just get the 8Bit DO converter and leave it plugged in the glovebox. But Yes if that is the only USB that carries data I need a hub. Did you buy one or do you have a recommendation for one ?

I will just add those in my list to buy before or at delivery:
- Emblem chrome delete stuff
- Screen protector for central screen
- Glovebox Hub
- Slash Guards
- Wireless Controller / 8Bitdo converter

I think Tesla is playing with my emotions because my EDD has changed twice within the past week. I had been pushed out to May-June and I was bummed because I had my first two week window. Well today my EDD is now 5/4-5/14. My nightmare/dream continues to develop!

I have the MYLR in Blue with 19” and absolutely nothing else. I saw in I believe the September delivery thread that people who had ordered blue MY were starting to get them. I am hoping that I can take delivery on this thing sooner rather than later.

Reactions: AlbertVanK