Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been going back and forward. I will be going with State Farm. I figured out on the Tesla Insurance in the app. You can adjust your he yearly mileage. 😆 So I lowered it to the 6000-9000 range. Got the quote to under $150. So I’m going to get the Tesla insurance for the first month. Then after my trade in is finalized and off my current policy. I moving everything to State Farm. They are qouting me under $250 for 3 vehicles. Full coverage. With a lower deductible then Liberty mutual.
Liberty mutual quote with adding the Model Y and 2 other vehicles. Is about $350.

I ended up with Travelers, which I doubt it's the cheapest, neither I am good at shopping/comparing things. However their support is stellar when you need them. better be,,, I pay 2497/year for 2 cars (2018 Ford Expedition/2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon) which is a lil more than 100 per month per car. I guess more or less that is the price all across the board right ?
In Italy it cost a FRACTION of the above :D
Currently 176/month for 2 brand new vehicles (zero deductible comprehensive) could be lower if I went 500 deductible but the tesla windshields are $$$ a piece and OEM part only

Reactions: Jones1
Currently 176/month for 2 brand new vehicles (zero deductible comprehensive) could be lower if I went 500 deductible but the tesla windshields are $$$ a piece and OEM part only
Yes the Windshield is why I want the $500 deductible. My wife’s Toyota. Cost $1000 to replace. That’s the lowest deductible that Liberty Mutual offers. Tesla’s windshield is the same price. I’m told.

Just wanted to say I received my Model Y LR 7-seater yesterday Saturday morning. It was delivered to my house and so far I haven't seen any major issues like abnormal panel gaps or noises. I did have a small under body plastic tab out of place behind the driver side front wheel well, but that was easy to pull and push back into place. Here is a youtube video of someone having the exact same issue also, the link is time stamped to the part about the plastic tab out of place.
The delivery process was awesome, everything was done online and through your tesla app. I financed through TESLA and my MY already increased in $6k before I even signed the deal, since the same MY configuration increased by $6k since OCT.

Now, there is an issue with the MY AC compressor being really loud and causing vibrations when the AC runs at full blast, it is hot and humid today in Houston, TX here. You can feel this vibration on the steering wheel. At first I thought it was a newer Tesla haptic feedback on the steering wheel, but it's not. I removed the frunk plastic housing and the AC compressor is attached to what I believe are springs behind it. You can shake the AC compressor by hand and feel it hanging on springs, but the freon piping is still attached to the car and you can definitely feel the piping vibrate which is what causes the vibration on the steering wheel. Looking at other Tesla posts, Tesla does not see this as a problem. I know earlier models when the Octo-valve first came out they had valid noise issues also.

I have a 2019 M3 LR and the AC compressor is quieter and with no vibrations.

For delivery questions, mine did not come with mud flaps or the lower body Paint protection film, I believe it was just Canada and Northern US snowy states that had these installed. Mine did not have the rear cargo cover like the MIC one. I did get the GEN 2 mobile charger with a 5-15 adapter for 120V and a J1772 adapter, but no more of the 14-50 adapter for 240V. Mine does have the AMD Ryzen chip and I do notice a difference compared to my 2019 M3.

On my 7-seater seats all of the electrical buttons and latches work and the two USB-C ports work also. There are no toddler/baby car seat anchors (except on the back of the seats for a strap) and I do have a Graco car seat that is a little wide that does not fit perfectly on these seats. The base of the car seat will tilt sitting on the plastic cup holders in between these two seats, so I'm guessing you will need pads to level out the car seats.

Just like my M3, this MY is from Fremont, CA. Texas isn't TESLA friendly even when Elon moved to Austin and we still don't receive any state EV tax credits.

Reactions: geekfam and Jones1
Just wanted to say I received my Model Y LR 7-seater yesterday Saturday morning. It was delivered to my house and so far I haven't seen any major issues like abnormal panel gaps or noises. I did have a small under body plastic tab out of place behind the driver side front wheel well, but that was easy to pull and push back into place. Here is a youtube video of someone having the exact same issue also, the link is time stamped to the part about the plastic tab out of place.
The delivery process was awesome, everything was done online and through your tesla app. I financed through TESLA and my MY already increased in $6k before I even signed the deal, since the same MY configuration increased by $6k since OCT.

Now, there is an issue with the MY AC compressor being really loud and causing vibrations when the AC runs at full blast, it is hot and humid today in Houston, TX here. You can feel this vibration on the steering wheel. At first I thought it was a newer Tesla haptic feedback on the steering wheel, but it's not. I removed the frunk plastic housing and the AC compressor is attached to what I believe are springs behind it. You can shake the AC compressor by hand and feel it hanging on springs, but the freon piping is still attached to the car and you can definitely feel the piping vibrate which is what causes the vibration on the steering wheel. Looking at other Tesla posts, Tesla does not see this as a problem. I know earlier models when the Octo-valve first came out they had valid noise issues also.

For delivery questions, mine did not come with mud flaps or the lower body Paint protection film, I believe it was just Canada and Northern US snowy states that had these installed. Mine did not have the rear cargo cover like the MIC one. I did get the GEN 2 mobile charger with a 5-15 adapter for 120V and a J1772 adapter, but no more of the 14-50 adapter for 240V. Mine does have the AMD Ryzen chip and I do notice a difference compared to my 2019 M3.

On my 7-seater seats all of the electrical buttons and latches work and the two USB-C ports work also. There are no toddler/baby car seat anchors (except on the back of the seats for a strap) and I do have a Graco car seat that is a little wide that does not fit perfectly on these seats. The base of the car seat will tilt sitting on the plastic cup holders in between these two seats, so I'm guessing you will need pads to level out the car seats.

Just like my M3, this MY is from Fremont, CA. Texas isn't TESLA friendly even when Elon moved to Austin and we still don't receive any state EV tax credits.
Thanks for all the info. Also. Is Tesla still not giving you data transfer through the usb c in the armrest?

Thanks for all the info. Also. Is Tesla still not giving you data transfer through the usb c in the armrest?
When I tested it connecting my Android phone it did not indicate a data transfer request like to connecting to a computer. All of 6 USB-c ports only showed fast charging. There is a data transfer USB port in the glove box, it includes a TESLA 128gb USB drive for your sentry mode files.

Wow rates have Ran up.
I took the Tesla financing offer. I’m glad I did at 3.2% I just looked at Bank of America. It was 2.7 not too long ago. Now it’s 3.69% for 72 months. Even with my discounts. It’s back to 3.19
TDECU has 2.49 for 48 months.
DCU has 3.24. I think it’s .25 lower for an EV.
PenFed is Showing 3.49
3 percent is the New 1.9 or 2 percent. 😆

Yesterday I emailed Tesla pictures of my Trade in. Odometer and a few more. They had sent me a Text and email requesting the pictures. I just opened the app. It wants me to update odometer reading in app. I updated it in app. Now I can’t make any changes in the app. To Insurance quote & etc. It only says go to account. You would think they would be able to update my trade in. When they asked for pictures yesterday. 😆

Yesterday I emailed Tesla pictures of my Trade in. Odometer and a few more. They had sent me a Text and email requesting the pictures. I just opened the app. It wants me to update odometer reading in app. I updated it in app. Now I can’t make any changes in the app. To Insurance quote & etc. It only says go to account. You would think they would be able to update my trade in. When they asked for pictures yesterday. 😆
Tesla offered me almost $8k less on my trade in compared to carvana and kbb. Trading in a 2016 Golf R

• Informative
Sell Your Car offered me above Carvana, Carmax, Vroom, and way above Tesla.
Trying a different route today, and will decide. Not sure if Tesla offer a better evaluation when it's time to take delivery as opposed as 2 months ago at order placement...

I did forget that teslas do not include the homelink option, it did come free with my 2019 M3 LR back then. You have to make a service appt and pay $300. I wish they would allow you to purchase it at ordering.

Tesla autopilot with tesla vision and no radar is different to drive. With my older M3 it has radar and you can set the minimum following distance to one car length and max 90 mph. With tesla vision the minimum is two car lengths and a max of 80 mph. This two car gap will cause cars cutting you off specially here in Houston. Also forget about trying to get a good beta score to get on the FSD beta list unless you want people cutting you off and tailgating you and you enjoy engaging road rage idiots, if you disengage FSD it's a mark against your beta score.