Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last time putting gas in the Benzo.
I was only going to put $10 in. To drop it off. I forgot how much 93 octane cost. 😆

1653139270367.jpeg

1653139382880.jpeg

Last edited:
I ordered a MYP last week ( not expecting it until September)

Sorry if this was asked in the thread but does anyone know if these are Austin builds now?
There haven't been any Austin MYP yet that we've seen. Sounds like the first cars coming out of Austin will be the standard range model. Given that yours is expected in September there's a decent chance it'll be an Austin build, just not sure if they'll only use the 4680 batteries in the SR model or what.

Reactions: Iain and Jones1
I ordered a MYP last week ( not expecting it until September)

Sorry if this was asked in the thread but does anyone know if these are Austin builds now?
As of right now. Only Model Y AWD Standard (Range 279 miles) are being delivered to people in the Austin and surrounding area’s. But that could Change like our EDD’s do.

Reactions: Iain
IMPORTANT! Make sure your headlights are the matrix headlights, google it for pictures of it. I took delivery of my MY LR and noticed a few days later it was not the matrix lamps. After talking with Tesla Service they were really nice and realized the mistake and are going to do a mobile service to replace it with the matrix ones. It seems the M3 and MYP models do have the matrix installed already, but the rest may have the older headlamps probably due to the chain supply shortage or something. The matrix headlamps have been standard for Teslas for at least a year. Congress just passed a law to allow us to use the full features of the adaptive headlights, so it should take just an OTA update to activate it if it hasn't been done already.

Reactions: Iain
IMPORTANT! Make sure your headlights are the matrix headlights, google it for pictures of it. I took delivery of my MY LR and noticed a few days later it was not the matrix lamps. After talking with Tesla Service they were really nice and realized the mistake and are going to do a mobile service to replace it with the matrix ones. It seems the M3 and MYP models do have the matrix installed already, but the rest may have the older headlamps probably due to the chain supply shortage or something. The matrix headlamps have been standard for Teslas for at least a year. Congress just passed a law to allow us to use the full features of the adaptive headlights, so it should take just an OTA update to activate it if it hasn't been done already.
MY LR doesn’t come with matrix headlights. Only performance model.

Nice find. I haven’t heard of them. I was looking for a place closer to my home. I will probably wait a week. Before I tint. But that would be nice to get Tint and or PPF on the same day of pick up.
I plan to go early today. I want to go by the Lucid showroom. Well the parking lot of it.
My buddy did his model y at AFS. The tint came out good. The front PPF was pre cut so it was not wrap around the edges. 2000 plus taxes for front end PPF. I think 600 for the 4 windows and back, no roof no windshield.

Reactions: mikedjp
My buddy did his model y at AFS. The tint came out good. The front PPF was pre cut so it was not wrap around the edges. 2000 plus taxes for front end PPF. I think 600 for the 4 windows and back, no roof no windshield.
I understand MY rear windows are delivered with 24% tint for rear windows and roof, but none for the front windows. What tint do the shops recommend to match up the front windows with the rear windows. Some are saying sometimes you have to go lower than 24% to match them up with the MY rear windows. Here in Texas it has to be a minimum of 25%, but in some southern states I will be traveling through they do require higher % even for SUVs, which technically these tesla cars do have illegal tint for their rear windows in some states.

I understand MY rear windows are delivered with 24% tint for rear windows and roof, but none for the front windows. What tint do the shops recommend to match up the front windows with the rear windows. Some are saying sometimes you have to go lower than 24% to match them up with the MY rear windows. Here in Texas it has to be a minimum of 25%, but in some southern states I will be traveling through they do require higher % even for SUVs, which technically these tesla cars do have illegal tint for their rear windows in some states.
This what I am doing:

Xpel Prime XR Plus
70 Windshield
45 roof

Xpel Prime XR
30 front passengers
55 rear passengers and rear glass