Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't hide that I feel intimidated to think about a long road trip. But I will get used to it I guess
I was nervous before we left but it was so much like our previous trips in ICE cars just with stopping at superchargers instead of our favorite gas station stops. Way less range anxiety than I expected. I had less driver fatigue also, even though autopilot behaved badly in some regions. I expected it to be dramatically different but it was pretty uneventful aside from the phantom braking!

Reactions: mikedjp
I was nervous before we left but it was so much like our previous trips in ICE cars just with stopping at superchargers instead of our favorite gas station stops. Way less range anxiety than I expected. I had less driver fatigue also, even though autopilot behaved badly in some regions. I expected it to be dramatically different but it was pretty uneventful aside from the phantom braking!
I have a road trip planned for the end of this month. We are going to Austin. Can you tell me what area’s AP had issues ? Thanks

Reactions: AlbertVanK
I have a road trip planned for the end of this month. We are going to Austin. Can you tell me what area’s AP had issues ? Thanks
We had something planned too, but it was earlier, now wife and kids will go to Italy and I will live the bachelor life with my MYP for 1 month before reaching them in July. When we come back we will do Austin and Florida too.
Meanwhile if there is any Houston Tesla meetup in the next 4 weeks I will be VERY glad to attend :D

Reactions: ILMMYP and Jones1
I'm heading up there this week, will use AP more even though I like to cruise at 85mph (unless i see another sports car, my foot gets pretty heavy). My first trip I had major range anxiety but after I made it a few times I've come to realize you can make the trip on a full charge. I've drove to Spicewood on a full charge as well as the Gigafactory. There are plenty of Supercharges along the way. Halfway point of Giddings if you are worried, South Austin when you get to town and now Bee Cave on the far west side.

I booked the hotel earlier this year. Without even thinking of a destination charger. I called them last week to see if the had a destination charger. They don’t. But there are 2 Tesla superchargers within 10 miles of our hotel. So I should be good. I believe I’m taking HWY 71 up. I do see a couple of Superchargers on the route. One is right before we get to Airport Commerence. So I might top off there before we get to our hotel.

So earlier today Tesla called me to confirm my appointment for tomorrow for delivery. Then now I got a Text saying my car is has not been delivered yet and therefore they need to push the delivery to June 8 at 4.30 instead of tomorrow at 11 am.
I think they are totally clueless of what is going on and they are governed by an AI.

Just stopped by the Cypress dealership. Looks like those of us scheduled for Tuesday delivery should be ready for a delay. Vehicles currently still on Dallas - meaning there was likely a transport delay
Just got a call from the Cypress dealership. Looks like the vehicles that were in Dallas haven't been delivered yet so they asked to move my delivery from Tuesday morning to Wednesday afternoon. They said the biggest hold back in being able to give us the vehicle is requesting temporary tags from the dmv which they can only do once the car is physically at their location to pass inspection. Once they submit that request for temporary tags, it typically takes 24 hours and only at that point can the car be delivered.
Hope the shipment arrives soon since I was planning on taking a half day off work tomorrow to play with the new MYP... :(

• Informative
Just got a call from the Cypress dealership. Looks like the vehicles that were in Dallas haven't been delivered yet so they asked to move my delivery from Tuesday morning to Wednesday afternoon. They said the biggest hold back in being able to give us the vehicle is requesting temporary tags from the dmv which they can only do once the car is physically at their location to pass inspection. Once they submit that request for temporary tags, it typically takes 24 hours and only at that point can the car be delivered.
Hope the shipment arrives soon since I was planning on taking a half day off work tomorrow to play with the new MYP... :(
Anyone that has dealt with rail shipments knows that providing a firm ETA can be a pain. Hang in there!

Got my VIN (yay) and went to check out Tesla insurance rates… I’m getting a quote of $268/month. I have no history of tickets or accidents… I don’t understand why it’s so high compared to everyone else’s I see here. Is it because it’s a MYP?

I contacted Tesla Westheimer and they said there is only one shipment at this time and it will arrive on June 09. FYI
Would you mind tell me what number you called? I will surely give them a call too. Especially because they updated delivery and Uber ride for Wednesday 8th, and I have a slot reserved at Gulf Coast Shield for tint on the 9th morning. If they are really playing this game with me I'd rather know.

Thanks