Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tint done today at Gulf Coast Auto Shield. Highly recommend them as they specialize in teslas. John is an amazing guy and does it the right way. Very happy with how it turned out.

70% XPEL XR Prime Plus on windshield
20% XPEL Prime on front side windows
55% XPEL Prime on rear windows to Match color in front

View attachment 820620
Congratulations man, I did EXACTLY the same at the same location, I just added the coating on all glasses (Glassparency) and I am beyond happy. Say hello to John!

8B48BDF2-E374-4092-A144-90FA3D40C3D3.jpeg

Home delivery today, car was immaculate. Came from Cypress service center. Our previous two were from 45 location. Very, very happy. She’ll sit until Monday for PPF, tint, and ceramic. All other goodies installed already. 😉

even though I had ordered these LDCRS all weather 3D mats over a month ago, they fit perfect and I’m very happy with the quality. They seem durable, time will tell. Looking forward to purchasing the trunk mat upon release to complete the set. Great bang for buck. Looks more classy than the cheap carpet mats Tesla provides

View attachment 821273View attachment 821274View attachment 821275
Yes. You are so right. I love the texture and style. I have the Taptes Mats. Same texture. I ended up ordering a different brand or from another vendor rear mat for the trunk. It works great. I have loaded several items in the trunk. It keeps things from sliding around.

KIKIMO for Tesla Model Y Trunk... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Q82LG8R?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Reactions: Triplem086
I’m taking a trip to Austin soon. I’ve read some post on Model Y threads. About rear motor failures. That happen usually the first week or few weeks of ownership. How are y’all Model Y’s holding up? Any mechanical issues? I did my first Super Charging today. Just to make sure I can. Before I get out on the road. I’m really enjoying the EAP. I had company over at my house yesterday. Family and a couple of friends came by. I was able to put on a show. AutoPark, Summon & Lights. Very expensive upgrade. But now. I feel like I’m experiencing Tesla to it’s fullest potential.

Having my MYLR from Austin delivered Friday, north Houston.

Easter but anxious regarding specs / quality control, etc. Any tips or considerations for me welcome. (I didn’t expect delivery until more like September so this is all a surprise and I’m not super “deep” in the Tesla game yet)
1445423E-12E6-408B-8CC8-ECD34EB3065D.jpeg

Having my MYLR from Austin delivered Friday, north Houston.

Easter but anxious regarding specs / quality control, etc. Any tips or considerations for me welcome. (I didn’t expect delivery until more like September so this is all a surprise and I’m not super “deep” in the Tesla game yet)View attachment 821291
If you can bring an adult with you. It would be faster and more helpful. So you can have someone double check behind you. Looking for any issues. The North Center is pretty good. Make a short video. Walking around the Y. Also video the interior. Take plenty pictures. Check the seat mechanicals. All the way back. All the way up and down. Listen for any noise. Have a person in the back seat. That way they can check the A/C or heat. Make a short list of Questions that you may have on functions that. They will stay there as long as you need for them to help you. Congratulations. Good luck.

Yeah man. I was thinking maybe something like a yeti cooler in the front.
I would recommend this one, it's not a mini-fridge but a large portable refrigerator and freezer:

BougeRV 12 Volt Car Refrigerator Dual Zone, Portable Freezer Fridge APP Control, 37 Quart (35L) Compressor Freezer Fridge 12V/24V DC 110~240V AC, -4℉-68℉.

We just came from a long trip from Houston to LA and back. It fits in the back of our MY LR 7-seater with room for luggage, but you will only be able to use one extended back seat, so a total of six useable seats. You can control it through blue-tooth or on it's panel. It worked great for us setup as a freezer and refrigerator. The refrigerator program monitors and will shut off if the car's 12v battery gets too low and also the car shuts power to the 12v power adapters when the high voltage battery gets below 20% even when driving. The fridge cover can be reversed so you can open it from the left side or the right side, my daughter would sit in the very back and hand us cold water or food while driving. There are removable baskets so you can move the refrigerator easily and it has wheels and a movable extended handle. It runs quietly, but you can hear the compressor running noise a little bit when it's completely quiet inside the car, my daughter didn't complain about it.
Here is a referral link for bougerv website 10% off http://bougerv.refr.cc/funroach I don't know if you can piggyback this on top the 4th of July 12% off.

If you can bring an adult with you. It would be faster and more helpful. So you can have someone double check behind you. Looking for any issues. The North Center is pretty good. Make a short video. Walking around the Y. Also video the interior. Take plenty pictures. Check the seat mechanicals. All the way back. All the way up and down. Listen for any noise. Have a person in the back seat. That way they can check the A/C or heat. Make a short list of Questions that you may have on functions that. They will stay there as long as you need for them to help you. Congratulations. Good luck.
check the gap in between the glovebox and the dash. I just received my M3P and there is a huge noticeable gap and I put in a service call for it this Friday. My wife's MY has a gap also but it's not noticeable unless you are looking for it. Doing some internet search, it seems this is common for Tesla and can involve replacing the glovebox or both it and the dash.

Man I'm really torn right now. I ordered an LR back in January and it got pushed back from July to August. With prices going up, I'm wondering if I should take advantage of it and get the MYP at the lower price back from January. What I'm worried about is, that with the LR EDD projected to be August, would switching to a P actually make the EDD go out further instead of the other way around for most folks?

check the gap in between the glovebox and the dash. I just received my M3P and there is a huge noticeable gap and I put in a service call for it this Friday. My wife's MY has a gap also but it's not noticeable unless you are looking for it. Doing some internet search, it seems this is common for Tesla and can involve replacing the glovebox or both it and the dash.
Push the glove box in. Someone told me to do that. It worked. Push up and in.

Man I'm really torn right now. I ordered an LR back in January and it got pushed back from July to August. With prices going up, I'm wondering if I should take advantage of it and get the MYP at the lower price back from January. What I'm worried about is, that with the LR EDD projected to be August, would switching to a P actually make the EDD go out further instead of the other way around for most folks?
3.5 0-60

Reactions: Individoo
If only the EDD was 3.5 hahaha. That's my biggest worry is that the LR is right around the corner and if I switch to MYP it will get pushed back even further. I kind of told myself if the LR gets pushed back one more time, i'll switch to MYP. I just can't seem to find a lot of folks experiences on how quickly the EDD is when they switched to MYP.

Reactions: Jones1
If only the EDD was 3.5 hahaha. That's my biggest worry is that the LR is right around the corner and if I switch to MYP it will get pushed back even further. I kind of told myself if the LR gets pushed back one more time, i'll switch to MYP. I just can't seem to find a lot of folks experiences on how quickly the EDD is when they switched to MYP.
We made the switch from a MYLR7 to the MYP and the EDD for the P was updated next day as if it was our original order date. We picked up this last week with our order originally placed in early March. If you see the cost benefit of the P I say go for it.

We made the switch from a MYLR7 to the MYP and the EDD for the P was updated next day as if it was our original order date. We picked up this last week with our order originally placed in early March. If you see the cost benefit of the P I say go for it.
when did you make the switch? I switched in May from 7 seater and original order was in march as well , and still waiting for mine :(((

You’ll get MYP much quicker regardless. Stats on here prove it

Reactions: Jones1