Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

My job is having me move from Southern California to Houston Texas.
I would need to rent a apartment. Is there any apartments that have ev charging near the bellaire area. Also has to have a good elementary school near by

Hello All,

I would need to rent a apartment. Is there any apartments that have ev charging near the bellaire area. Also has to have a good elementary school near by

Sorry, not familiar with charging spots downtown. Suggest you join the Tesla Club of Greater Houston FB page. It's quite active, and I'm sure they can help steer you in the right direction.

Butt-load of Teslas in Houston and I'm sure not everyone lives in the 'burbs.

Hello All,

Don't know about your exact area, but it is common in less dense cities (ie. not near the coast) to offer both apartments with garages and detached garages.

Its not free, but does give you the quasi-benefit of having a garage, and also the convenience of always being plugged in. It is 120v, so check your commute, if that is feasible. Renting a house is also an idea - you should be able to own or rent a house in Texas.

Most of the brown 'Restricted Locations', are apartments within ~5 miles of Bellaire (lower left corner). This image comes via Plugshare.com -- so you can try your own searches to see what other alternatives there may be. If you see an apartment under construction (at least downtown), there is around a 20% chance that chargers are going into any garage, under construction.

1. Also try this location, which is about 2 miles from Bellaire: Hanover Rice Village
  2. Tesla is putting in 8 WC and 12+ Superchargers at this location 9633 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77063

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    424.8 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: brkaus
You may know this already but if you get a chance to land a garage with your apartment, they should have 110v outlet. It may not be much but we went a year in an apartment garage with our first model S, Anytime we would make a day trip, we would top off at a local supercharger. If you are driving 40 to 60 miles a day, then 110v would work out great.

Reactions: Missile Toad
Most of the brown 'Restricted Locations', are apartments within ~5 miles of Bellaire (lower left corner). This image comes via Plugshare.com -- so you can try your own searches to see what other alternatives there may be. If you see an apartment under construction (at least downtown), there is around a 20% chance that chargers are going into any garage, under construction.

1. Also try this location, which is about 2 miles from Bellaire: Hanover Rice Village
  2. Tesla is putting in 8 WC and 12+ Superchargers at this location 9633 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77063

That's a good site for apartments. #1 listed at $1/hour though.