Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought about how much had to be done, but wondered about all of the other rubber and plastic pieces exposed to the heat that might not be visible. Surely the temperature has an effect on the chemistry / lifespan / durability of the materials. I would also suspect that the battery coolant fluid would have to be changed as it was surely pumping at full tilt through the heat of the fire to try to keep the pack cooled. Although the radiator was at the front of the car probably heating rather than cooling the fluid.

From the photos, it almost looks like the painted areas could wash off and all you would need is a new front bulb. What is the insurance situation like in this case? It seems like the insurance for the car that burned should pay for yours. The burned SUV apparently belonged to an airport employee, so they should be easy to track down.

If anyone is around next Wednesday, June 19, 2013 from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM, MIT Enterprise Forum is having a seminar on "Alternative Fuels: The Future of Transportation":

MIT Enterprise Forum Texas - Meeting/Event Information

Federal Reserve Bank
1801 Allen Parkway
Houston, Texas 77019
(free parking at Taft Street Parking lot)

It sounds like they hoped to have a Model S there, but I can't make it. If you are interested in attending, please drop me a line.

Any suggestions on someone in town to install my Alloygators rim protectors?

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone is around next Wednesday, June 19, 2013 from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM, MIT Enterprise Forum is having a seminar on "Alternative Fuels: The Future of Transportation":

MIT Enterprise Forum Texas - Meeting/Event Information

Federal Reserve Bank
1801 Allen Parkway
Houston, Texas 77019
(free parking at Taft Street Parking lot)

It sounds like they hoped to have a Model S there, but I can't make it. If you are interested in attending, please drop me a line.

I may be able to stop by since it's near my office.

I went to the service center for the first time today. Wow that place is clean. Anyways, I got the new floor mats... Sooo sickkk.... I also got the thing that covers up the well in the trunk. I will be getting my long overdue spoiler installed soon....

My Blue S is at the Service center. Photo sent by Whitney for me! Pickup this Friday! Woo Hoo!

Tessie is in town.JPG

@skintrade - What color did you decide on? Good luck on your car
Ha! It's a joke how frequently my color choice changes. I have been agonizing over the colors since I saw your beautiful car. I've always been attracted to the green. I finally decided and was content on green today...until a few hours ago my wife thinks I should get silver! Ugh! Back to square 1. I know it'll be beautiful no matter which color I get, but its like picking a girl out of a room of supermodels. About as difficult as deciding when to take profits on TSLA stock. I have a few more days before my order goes to the factory.
Thanks again for giving us the time to see your car. Very nice of you!

Congrats! Beautiful car. Mine should be coming in about 6 weeks. Do they give the option of home delivery in Houston or do they all go to the service center?

Thanks Skintrade! Not sure. They used to do home delivery. It sounded like it was a strange experience, however they(Texas) started "allowing" us to pick up at the Service Center, is my understanding. Call your DS and ask. What package did you get? Color? Congrats, can't wait to see you on the road

Thanks Skintrade! Not sure. They used to do home delivery. It sounded like it was a strange experience, however they(Texas) started "allowing" us to pick up at the Service Center, is my understanding. Call your DS and ask. What package did you get? Color? Congrats, can't wait to see you on the road

I believe they are no longer allowed to do home delivery. A few of use were able to do it but they all seem to be done at the service centers now.

Either color - you are getting a great car!!

Ha! It's a joke how frequently my color choice changes. I have been agonizing over the colors since I saw your beautiful car. I've always been attracted to the green. I finally decided and was content on green today...until a few hours ago my wife thinks I should get silver! Ugh! Back to square 1. I know it'll be beautiful no matter which color I get, but its like picking a girl out of a room of supermodels. About as difficult as deciding when to take profits on TSLA stock. I have a few more days before my order goes to the factory.
Thanks again for giving us the time to see your car. Very nice of you!

I have had the 21s for 6 months now and do not have a scratch. I am very happy with them but I am super careful to avoid potholes and curbs as one should be with any car. If you get Opti-Coat or 22PLE applied it should help protect them and make them look great.