Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just another thing to think about if you haven't already, but consider throwing a CHAdeMO charger in your car as well. Dallas has plenty of them in case you go to Dallas, drive around a lot, and still need enough juice to get back to Waco or Corsicana.

Just joined you in the queue for another Houston MS! I have the 7 days to make changes:

Model 70D
Premium lighting
Autopilot
Pano roof
Blue
Black headliner
Everything else is standard.

I'm still debating on taking it now or waiting to have it built for a 2016 VIN.

They offered a 48 hour loaner. Not sure what good that will do since I've made up my mind.

I kept my MX reservation but will cancel it once my MS goes into production.

Just joined you in the queue for another Houston MS! I have the 7 days to make changes:

Model 70D
Premium lighting
Autopilot
Pano roof
Blue
Black headliner
Everything else is standard.

I'm still debating on taking it now or waiting to have it built for a 2016 VIN.

They offered a 48 hour loaner. Not sure what good that will do since I've made up my mind.

I kept my MX reservation but will cancel it once my MS goes into production.

Congrats!

They'll have to pry that loaner away from your cold dead.... :)

If you keep the 2015 build, you can get your tax credit next April, otherwise you'll have to wait until April 2017. Just something to consider.

Lost my mind and went for the 90D:

Model S 90D
All-Wheel Drive
Range Upgrade
Silver Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels
Multi-Pattern Black Seats
Piano Black Décor
Matching Yacht Floor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot Convenience Features
Premium Interior and Lighting

Confirmed today.

Ordered 2nd charger and center console shipped to the North Houston facility. Also ordered a HPWC and aftermarket floor mats.

Sweet! That's almost the same feature set I got only the 90kWh battery wasn't available when I ordered. I have range envy... :)

BTW, I had my seat belts checked yesterday at the Westchase service center. The process was quick and easy. In fact, the guy was ready for me to sign off after I'd only gotten a bottle of water, logged onto their wifi, and read a couple of emails.

Last time I was killing time at the Westchase SC the tech mentioned (in response to my comment about how far it was from Clear Lake) that Tesla will be opening a new SC in the Clear Lake area in 2016. Does anyone hear any more rumored details about location or timing than that?

Just took delivery of my Model S and want to get xpel, opticoat and tint done soon!

I was just curious if anyone else has gotten the 3M crystalline tint that John Gray suggests? Seems similar to the photosync folks are getting done at EVS, hopefully with the same heat rejection and translucency for the front windshield. I'm thinking of 75 for the front and 40 on the sides.

Thanks in advance!

Just took delivery of my Model S and want to get xpel, opticoat and tint done soon!

I was just curious if anyone else has gotten the 3M crystalline tint that John Gray suggests? Seems similar to the photosync folks are getting done at EVS, hopefully with the same heat rejection and translucency for the front windshield. I'm thinking of 75 for the front and 40 on the sides.

Thanks in advance!

I got the 3M Crystalline CLEAR tint on the front windshield and I love it and recommend it. I got it done at Dallas since it was the closest for me. Sorry don't have a shop to recommend in Houston for you.

Thanks in advance!

I am also looking into getting XPel. Why did you choose John Gray vs. EVS? Did you get an estimate? If so, are you okay with sharing?

I am also looking into getting XPel. Why did you choose John Gray vs. EVS? Did you get an estimate? If so, are you okay with sharing?

Getting Full front XPEL, Entire car Opticoat, and 3M Crystalline tint this weekend. I'll give you an update. I chose John Gray based on many recommendations, especially commenting on his attention to detail. He can even come pickup your car if you don't have time to drop it off. By the way, he gives Tesla owners a discount (especially if you mention the Houston Tesla Club). He also works on Porsches if you have one--he might give a discount for the local Porsche club that he supports.

I'm a satisfied customer of EVS, they did my tint (Hüper Optik) and their co-habiting sister operation "Vive" put on CQuartz Finest for me and kept the car safe (from my kids) while wife & I were on vacation. :) Anson drove me back home when I dropped the Tesla off. He also did a great job of 'splaining the tints and coatings (and films, which I have not done) to me, a noob to the schmancy-car lifestyle.

That was ...May 2014 and my car is still a Duck shedding water - a lazy man's dream.

Last edited:
Getting Full front XPEL, Entire car Opticoat, and 3M Crystalline tint this weekend. I'll give you an update. I chose John Gray based on many recommendations, especially commenting on his attention to detail. He can even come pickup your car if you don't have time to drop it off. By the way, he gives Tesla owners a discount (especially if you mention the Houston Tesla Club). He also works on Porsches if you have one--he might give a discount for the local Porsche club that he supports.
Good choices. You won't be disappointed.

Got Huper Optik done the other day. Does anyone have an recommendation on places that install dash cams and/or spoilers (already have both)?
IMG_0074.JPG

Hi All, planning a trip to Hurst and Fort Worth next month. (wife and I in training class in Hurst then visit my sister in FW)
Looking for hotel recommendations that offer/allow overnight charging in either location. Would like to stay in the town center area in FW if there are any good locations.

Haven't travelled in our in P85 for a while. Amazed its not easier to find charging while travelling. I went ahead and signed up for eVgo flex and ordered a chademo adaptor just in case it comes in handy. Will also have my mobile charger and adaptors...

Hi All, planning a trip to Hurst and Fort Worth next month. (wife and I in training class in Hurst then visit my sister in FW)
Looking for hotel recommendations that offer/allow overnight charging in either location. Would like to stay in the town center area in FW if there are any good locations.

Haven't travelled in our in P85 for a while. Amazed its not easier to find charging while travelling. I went ahead and signed up for eVgo flex and ordered a chademo adaptor just in case it comes in handy. Will also have my mobile charger and adaptors...

The Hilton Fort Worth is the only hotel in the city with charging. I have not tried it, but Plugshare says it's a NEMA 14-50. I don't know of any hotels in/near Hurst with charging. Further up the road, there's the Gaylord in Grapevine ($$$) or the Hampton Inn in Trophy Club ($). There are lots of Chademo stations all over the Metroplex, so you could borrow/buy an adapter.

I work at Fort Worth on Fridays and Saturdays and I can share my experience.

Your best bet is using Chademo adapters at NReVGo stations at Fort Worth. Most of them are in Walgreens or Cracker Barrel locations.

I had the same problem trying to find destination charging at Fort Worth but there are not many like what Bollar mentioned.

I have been using Chademo adapters and they work fine. Also consider using Denton Supercharger it is about 40 miles from Fort Worth and definitely worth looking at.

Hopefully I get to see you when charging at Fort Worth ! :wink: