TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Houston, TX

Discussion in 'Texas' started by dsm363, May 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. moorelin

moorelin Member

14 people in line at Houston North. Looks like I am the only owner. Gonna be more than 100,00 today.

2. Model S M.D.

Model S M.D. Ludicrous Radiologist

Just passed by the Galleria on my way to work (on W. Alabama) and was very delighted to see a group of 20+ folks lined up outside. Put a smile on my face, good job guys!

3. Beryl

Beryl Member

It went really well. I arrived around 7:45 and was about 40 in line. Store opened at 10am with a line close to 200. I was done at about 10:30.

I'm guessing about 50k reservations by end of day in the USA.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. SomeJoe7777

SomeJoe7777 Marginally-Known Member

North Fwy location had about 75-100 in line when I arrived at about 9:20 AM. They were very efficient getting everyone through. Opened at 10:00 AM, I had my reservation in at about 10:50 AM. There were another 50 or so people behind me when I left.

[​IMG]

5. SpiceWare

SpiceWare Member

Got to the Galleria around 11:00, was done about 12:35

6. Model S M.D.

Such an awesome day for Tesla! Seeing all of the pictures of lines around the world is really cool to see. Can't wait for the reveal tonight.

Kudos to those who lined up, Elon Musk just tweeted this:

"Incredibly inspired by the interest in Model 3. You won't be disappointed. Also, small token of appreciation coming for those who lined up."

7. maximus16

maximus16 Member

Moorelin and I were probably around 14 and 15th in line. Couldn't ask for a more efficient process, was out the door by 10:15 am. Personally reserved 2 myself. Can't wait for the reveal!

• Like x 1
  8. Model S M.D.

There's a couple of Model X's at the Galleria Tesla gallery. Apparently only 4 stores in the country have them to display. Worth checking out if you haven't seen it yet. The front windshield is crazy! Can't test drive it yet...

• Informative x 1
  9. wart

wart Nosecone Member

Interesting that Houston is one of 4 locations. I know they've delivered quite a few X's in Houston, because I've seen half a dozen going through final prep each time I've been to North Houston over the last few months.

I wonder if the ones in Houston will stay there for a while or get rotated around to other cities after a week or two.

10. Model S M.D.

Hope everyone and their Teslas are safe in Houston! Pretty bad flooding down here, almost as bad as Allison and probably worse than Memorial Day last year...

11. stephenpace

stephenpace VIN S00219

A few of us are getting together for Houston Coffee and Cars tomorrow (6/4) at Memorial City Mall. We play to arrive at the eVgo Charger across from Cheesecake Factory at 7:30am and drive over together at 7:40am. If you think you are going to arrive late, just drive over to the display area and find us. Plan for rain!

For more event details, please see:

Coffee and Cars Returns - Official Page

12. kristinako

kristinako New Member

Hello fellow Tesla Enthusiasts!

I don't want to spam this group what so ever! Please don't take this post as a recruiter just spamming people trying to fill jobs. I work directly for Tesla, absolutely LOVE Tesla and really am looking for people who share the same passion because at the end of the day, who better to assist our customers than someone who has a passion for Tesla? The "selling" and "clientelling" part is easy, it's just finding the right people in the right places to relay that information to our customers.

Just a recruiter on our Tesla North American Sales Team, looking for people who not only believe in Tesla in all aspects of our business, but also excel in customer service and sales! We have multiple opportunities across the country in all levels of the business, and would love to connect with anyone looking for a long term sales career!

I am particularly recruiting for Florida, Texas, Atlanta, the Carolina's, and Tennessee. BUT, if you are interested and not located in those particular state, would still love to connect with you! Send your resume to [email protected]

Background isn't a 'make it or break it' to us, we just want to find the passion, customer facing, energetic person. Your background professions will vary, but your love for Tesla is what brings it all together and makes all of us successful at the end of the day.

Looking forward to reading a bunch of posts here and people's thoughts about our business and network with everyone!

13. Model S M.D.

14. SomeJoe7777

SomeJoe7777 Marginally-Known Member

EVS Motors might be able to do it. They primarily do clear bra, window tint, wheels, radar detectors, and dashcams, but for a lot of that stuff they have to do things like disassemble door panels & bumpers, so this might be something they'd do.

EVS Motors Inc. Performance Studio of Houston, TX USA

• Informative x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  15. Model S M.D.

16. Stenn

Stenn Member

Howdy folks! I haven't posted in a while. Wrecking my Model S and then getting busy with work took me out of my rhythm. Glad to see some familiar faces still here.

What got me back to the forum was Tesla's own Brent Seavey who is helping me buy a 2nd Model S for my family. My wife has been driving our Volkswagen Jetta Diesel which has been a mark of shame on our family since Volkswagen was exposed for the lying dirt-bags they truly are. Rather than waiting for a court-ordered settlement that will be too little, too late, we're donating our environmental nightmare to charity and getting a 2013 pre-owned, zero-emission car from a more responsible, American, manufacturer of cars.

Brent asked me to give him a shout-out here, which I'm glad to do. He helped me find a car that had all the features we wanted while verifying that certain features that were introduced mid-year (like auto-folding mirrors) were, indeed, included with my chosen car. I'll pop back in here a time or two during the acquisition to let folks know how the Tesla CPO process goes just in case the information is useful to anyone.

And now I wonder: His and Hers wall connectors? Or share and share alike?

• Love x 2
    • Like x 1
  17. stephenpace

stephenpace VIN S00219

Congrats! The new Tesla HPWCs are chainable on one 100 amp breaker to up to four which is nice:

Tesla — Wall Connector with 8.5' Cable

18. Stenn

Stenn Member

Howdy Stephen! Long time no see, eh? Thanks for the info. I'll check with Cham's to see if that's the best option for me or if I can somehow make use of the wall connector I already have while adding another.

19. Stenn

Stenn Member

Well, golly! I can't seem to keep myself out of the news! Out of the blue, I got a call from reporter Pooja Lodhia of ABC 13 Eyewitness News wanting to joyride in my autopilot-enabled Model S because of the recent fatality involving a Tesla driver on autopilot. She and her cameraman actually met me at my gym where we all loaded into my car and noodled around inside the loop trying out various features of the car. We had a grand old time and the news piece seemed to come out OK. I'm glad Pooja wasn't out to slam Tesla. Instead, she was genuinely interested in autopilot and was trilled to get a chance to auto-park my car. Here's the link:

Local reaction after first self-driving car death involving Tesla

• Like x 5
  20. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Grouchy