Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Late notice, but if you have time tomorrow, St. Cuthbert School has asked if there are any owners available to display Tesla vehicles (especially Model X) for their annual Touch-A-Truck fundraiser on Saturday October 8th from 9:30am to 2pm. I've done this a few years and it is fun to see all of the vehicles they assemble (years past they've had an 18 wheeler, firetrucks, recycle trucks, and police cars, among others).

More details can be found here:
Touch A Truck | Facebook

For more information, you can contact Jerred Micek at [email protected] and can RSVP to him as well. Thanks!

I was at the galleria today. Parked right next to the Tesla area, and saw some new signs. Seems to contradict the message you got from the mothership!

All spots were full, I think of demo cars, but I was able to get a couple of electrons whilst there in a neighboring bay.

So I heard back from Tesla. Here is their reply:

Hello siggyg,

For early adopters, Tesla offered charging at Galleries/Stores while the Superchargers, Destination Chargers, and other public charging infrastructure was being developed. Tesla has since reached a point that Test Drive vehicles could not be charged consistently at Stores/Galleries due to Owner charging requests. Since charging at Stores/Galleries was no longer sustainable, and since most Customers desiring charging at Stores/Galleries could be better served by charging at home, public charging, destination charging, or supercharging, Tesla no longer offers complimentary charging at Stores/Galleries.

Attachments

• IMG_1131.JPG
    IMG_1131.JPG
    470.7 KB · Views: 101
  • Love
Reactions: Model S M.D.
Hello Houstonians,

I am a longtime Tesla fan and stockholder that finally pulled the trigger. I am coming from a first gen Chevy Volt. I am expecting delivery in December. Are there any local area Tesla groups? Would like to meet others to network and spread awareness of electric cars in general.

Hello Houstonians,

I am a longtime Tesla fan and stockholder that finally pulled the trigger. I am coming from a first gen Chevy Volt. I am expecting delivery in December. Are there any local area Tesla groups? Would like to meet others to network and spread awareness of electric cars in general.

Congrats and welcome to the family! The Facebook group is a little more active, so join us there if you like. Just search for 'Houston Tesla Club' on FB. I'm not sure how to link you to it. Enjoy zero emissions!

Hi everyone. I'm Luke an Australian travelling to Houston again on business (Oil & Gas) from Friday 2nd Dec to Sat 17th Dec. I am staying at the Hotel Sorella Citycentre and commuting to Schlumberger's offices in Katy those two weeks.

I'm looking to hire a Tesla and there are two options on Turo which have the benefit of providing insurance. I'd like to try on a Model X for size before potentially purchasing in Australia. Our supercharger infrastructure is non existent there so it becomes a differently challenging purchasing decision. Now I know there was a Saudi Arabian guy on this website who got laughed out of here for asking if anyone wanted to rent their car to him, well I'm not doing much different!

My background - I've been fortunate to travel to 40 countries in my 35 years, including ~10,000 mile Motorcycle roadtrips through both the Americas. I hold a heavy vehicle license and have driven the entire range from electric cars to V8 supercars, buses, trucks, forklifts and bobcats! I've used airbnb frequently and am a believer in 'returning something in as good a condition as you found it'. I'm married with two young boys and working around the world from Australia.

If anyone wants to PM me or let me know of any other options to try on a Tesla please do. Thanks

The Tesla Houston Owners Group is having a lunch meetup this Saturday 12/10:

Saturday, December 10 at 12 PM - 2 PM CST

Peli Peli Kitchen
9090 Katy Freeway, Houston, Texas 77024

As for the location, one of the owners has a Tesla and approached us with a Buy One Get One entree offer. They also have a mural of Elon at the location as well as wine with his photo. Hope to see a lot of you there!
I just got my MS home today! How often are there local events for Houston Tesla owners?

Reactions: Beryl
Just to follow up on the Galleria conversation here, I was at the location a few weeks ago and called the store before arriving to ask if I could charge. They said no problem and told me to call back if a spot wasn't available. When I stopped in the store they indicated that it was no problem to charge as long as I checked in with them.

• Informative
Reactions: Speedbird
Looks like a nice time. I will definitely try to make the next one. I just accepted delivery last week and have been thoroughly enjoying the car. I look forward to networking with others and learning more about their experiences. Thanks for the recommendation on John Gray. He does top notch work!

If anyone in the Houston area is interested in a set of Slipstreams I took mine off the same day I received the car. $1500 for wheels and tires.

New 19" Factory Slipstreams