TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Houston, TX

Discussion in 'Texas' started by dsm363, May 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. SpiceWare

SpiceWare Member

About to head out for the meet-up. No Model 3 yet, latest is Tesla faxed the loan paperwork to my lender Friday night. Should learn my delivery date early next week.

2. Darmie

Darmie Supporting Member

Clear Lake TX. (Currently in lake Charles LA)
    Love to attend, but won't make it in town until later tonight. Looks like a wonderful place Stephen has picked out.

3. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Your concern. It's noted...

It’s very good, low&slow Pecan Smoked barbecue at a long-time-family-owned place. Worth checking out any time. (edit: the SD. Don’t know about the Winery)

Full Disclosure: played Fiddle at their attached barn bar in the 80’s/90’s

4. SomeJoe7777

SomeJoe7777 Marginally-Known Member

Headed there now!

• Like x 1
  5. SpiceWare

SpiceWare Member

7BD5EA94-9CEB-4229-899D-CF796B87493F.jpeg

• Like x 2
  6. irishndude4

irishndude4 Member

Looks like a Sport wheel VIN was finally assigned again today, in Sugar Land of all places? Thank god we are back on sport again!!

7. SomeJoe7777

SomeJoe7777 Marginally-Known Member

Some pics of the cars from this weekend!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In this last pic, my Deep Ocean Blue Model 3 is 5th from the left-hand side, VIN 00470X. The Deep Ocean Blue Model 3 4th from the left is VIN 00469X, only 6 cars on the assembly line away from mine. :D

The 3rd Deep Ocean Blue Model 3 that is 6th from left was VIN 006XXX, quite a bit later.

8. kalikgod

kalikgod Member

Any chance a there is a Model 3 owner heading to Woodlands Market Street Cars and Coffee in the morning?

I still haven’t made it down to the Gallaria (new baby). I will be there in the morning and hoping to catch one.

9. stephenpace

stephenpace VIN S00219

All are welcome at "Tesla Cruise Night II" tomorrow (7/14) at 5pm at Otto's BBQ (11222 Fountain Lake Dr (The Fountains Shopping Center), Stafford, TX). BBQ and music, lots of Model S, 3, and Xs. At least 30 have RSVPed. Hope to see you there!

• Like x 1
  10. SpiceWare

SpiceWare Member

#850 SpiceWare, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    Bummer on the short notice, I'll make it if I can though I made other plans yesterday for this afternoon :(

Is there someplace else that would be better to check for these events?

11. stephenpace

stephenpace VIN S00219

• Informative x 2
  12. SpiceWare

SpiceWare Member

Thanks, I've been added to the TCoGH group.

I did end up making it and had a great time. Stayed much later than I expected - there were also a bunch of classic cars there with their hoods popped, so later in the evening as more people showed up to check out the cars I decided to pop open my frunk and trunk. A number of them looked in the frunk, got a puzzled look on their faced, walked around to the trunk and became even more puzzled when they saw it was empty as well. I then approached them to tell them it was 100% electric, answered questions about charging and such, and even gave a few rides.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  13. GoneCrazy

GoneCrazy Member

Sad to miss this one due to being out of town!

14. stephenpace

stephenpace VIN S00219

Tesla Owner Lunch – 17 Nov 2018

We are going to have a Tesla Owner Lunch at Saint Arnold's Beer Garden. They open at 11am but I thought we'd meet at 10:30am before opening, park the cars at the back of the lot to get a photo together, and then head inside when they open. It is covered and they have an inside if it is cold, but hopefully we'll have nice weather. If you have ordered a name tag, here is another opportunity to pick it up. For those that stay until 1pm, there are public tours of the brewery itself (let them know you are interested when you get there as space can be limited).

Hope to see many of you there! If you can’t make it, we will have a dinner tentatively planned on 1 Dec or 2 Dec. More detail on that soon.

Parking:

Parking Map.png

Saint Arnold food is bar food (so you may want to grab a real lunch afterwards), menu here:

http://www.saintarnold.com/saint_arnold_beer_hall_menu.pdf

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  15. TexLaw

TexLaw Member

@stephenpace, I'm sorry to say that I cannot make that lunch, as it sounds like a great time. That menu is an old one from the beer hall, though. The beer garden is a full restaurant with great food and a much larger menu.

Y'all have fun!