Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anything attenting Cars and Coffee this sat?

I might consider it if I could find out any information about it. There's a couple pictures on their Facebook page, and a mention of Memorial City Mall. Their web site is just a big picture with a "sign up for e-mail updates" field. No information about the event, when, where, requirements, etc. anywhere that I can find.

Isn't the Internet supposed to be used as an information resource? These people don't seem to want to inform anyone of anything, it's like they're trying to keep the gathering a secret.

Reactions: SW2Fiddler
While registration is officially closed, if anyone wants to do the drive to Calvert tomorrow, please let me know and there may be a few additional lunches available. You can let either myself or Rick Bollar know and you can PayPal Rick. The lunch includes soup, sandwich and dessert served at Cocoamoda's events center for $25.00 and proceeds benefit the Chef Ken Fund.

Arrival in Calvert: 10am. Event ends: 1pm.

Reminder: I will be leaving from the Huntsville SuperCharger at 8:30am sharp (5/20) if anyone wants to convoy with me. My understanding is some are doing that and some are driving directly. For those stretching, remember that slowing down greatly increases range and that you can charge in College Station on a Tesla HPWC to close any gaps. Best option appears to be Kent Moore Cabinets, Ltd. at 445 Stone City Dr, Bryan, TX 77803 but there are three others in town as well.

More details:

Tesla Owners Converge on Cocoamoda

Tesla Club Breakfast

Date and Time: 19 AUG 2017 Saturday at 8 AM - 10 AM
1699 Research Forest Dr, Ste 130, The Woodlands, Texas 77380

Fieldings Wood Grill in the Woodlands has done some events with a few other owner's clubs including Porsche, so we took them up on their offer to host us. This one will be a bit far for some, especially those on the South side, but is a good excuse to take a little drive and meet up for some breakfast. Fielding's will open an hour early at 8am to accommodate us and provide complimentary coffee, cappuccino, latte, and espresso to car owners. I hope to see a lot of us there!

Tesla Owners Lunch - 9 Sept 2017 - Ouisie's Table

Billy Garrison is organizing a group lunch at Ouisie's Table on September 9th at 12pm. Please RSVP if you plan to attend! Everyone is invited, however, each person must have a (free) ticket. If you do not RSVP, you may not be able to attend due to space constraints. Please list each person that will be attending. If you have any questions, please email [email protected]. Thank you! We look forward to seeing everyone there!

Date: 9 Sept 2017
Time: noon to 2pm
Location: Ouisie's Table, 3939 San Felipe St, Houston, TX 77027
Web: Ouisie's Table
Menu: http://www.ouisiestable.com/menu pdfs/lunch2017.pdf

RSVP: Tesla Group Lunch at Ouisie's Table

Reactions: Darmie and bollar
  • Informative
Reactions: bollar
Neighbor had a Tesla loaner that flooded in his garage and he was told Tesla alone lost 12 vehicles (none seemingly at the service centers).
Other neighbor put his MS up on blocks, but as we live in the Southdale part of Bellaire, the 3+ feet of water in the garage won out over blocks..

I was lucky as I left my car at work (3rd floor garage). Now the wife's non-EV in the garage was totaled.

random question. I'll be going to Houston this weekend but won't have an overnight charging option and it appears the superchargers are quite far from where I'm staying. Does anyone know if you can charge at the showroom in the galleria? I'm assuming they do test drives out of there so they probably have to have chargers in the garage somewhere.

random question. I'll be going to Houston this weekend but won't have an overnight charging option and it appears the superchargers are quite far from where I'm staying. Does anyone know if you can charge at the showroom in the galleria? I'm assuming they do test drives out of there so they probably have to have chargers in the garage somewhere.
There are a few HPWC's in the garage below the Galleria gallery. Theoretically they are reserved for the test drive fleet. I don't actually know what kind of shape the test drive fleet is in after the Harvey flooding. The garage with the charging stations is below ground level. If you're desperate and you ask the staff in the store they will probably let you charge.

There are also some hotels in that same general area with destination charging. Have you checked Plugshare for other non-Tesla charging options? Chargepoint and EVgo both have significant presences in the Houston area.

There are a few HPWC's in the garage below the Galleria gallery. Theoretically they are reserved for the test drive fleet. I don't actually know what kind of shape the test drive fleet is in after the Harvey flooding. The garage with the charging stations is below ground level. If you're desperate and you ask the staff in the store they will probably let you charge.

There are also some hotels in that same general area with destination charging. Have you checked Plugshare for other non-Tesla charging options? Chargepoint and EVgo both have significant presences in the Houston area.

Thanks! Looks like on plugshare people are saying it's okay to charge there as long as you give the store a heads up. Mainly I was trying to find a charger where I could spend a couple hours at

Reactions: kash

You could also try the L2 Chargepoint stations just north of the Galleria at the Whole Foods on Post Oak Blvd. I've found the Gallery sales people will only let you charge if you're very short on battery.

• Informative
Reactions: stevo1100