Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I forgot to add window tinting as well. I'm a bit concerned about the pano sun-roof, any opinions on to ceramic tint that too? I would imagine it helps with the heat transfer. When we test drove the S in July, I could feel some radiant heat from the sunroof since I'm taller and my head sits closer to the glass!

I forgot to add window tinting as well. I'm a bit concerned about the pano sun-roof, any opinions on to ceramic tint that too? I would imagine it helps with the heat transfer. When we test drove the S in July, I could feel some radiant heat from the sunroof since I'm taller and my head sits closer to the glass!

Hi Reaper99! I'd love to help you with that. I'll send you a PM. Thank you!

Wheels, tint, dash cams, etc.: EVS Motors Performance Studio

XPel, ceramic coatings, full detail, paint correction: Vive Auto Finishing and Detailing

Just to clarify so people understand whose expertise is what. VIVE was a lease tenant of EVS Motors and did detailing. They don't have any experience in paint protection, they don't have any trained in house technician. It is contracted out to another mobile installer. EVS Motors has been in business for over 17+ years and has in house technician for tint and paint correction. Our tint and clear bra technician is one of the best trained in Houston and we love him for the quality of work he puts out. So if anyone wants a quality job done in house by a well trained technician that is passionate about his work then EVS Motors won't disappoint and we offer a risk free transaction. To see VIVE recommended for Clear Bra is not really an accurate recommendation as it is far from their specialty and they've been contracting out that service since February of 2017. Hate for people to be mislead that they are well experienced in it. This post isn't an attack but more on clarification on what EVS does and what they do. We have just heard misinformation on claims that is all.

Last edited:
EVS (and Vive),

I'm going to be a bit blunt in this post because I think there are some issues here that need to be cleared up once and for all. The fact is that both EVS Motors and Vive were housed in the same building and worked together, jointly, on many high-end automotive services. About a year ago, the two of you split your businesses apart. EVS Motors is now the sole occupant of the Bissonnet location, while Vive moved their office to a location on Richmond.

As a customer of both of you for the past 2.5 years who has been generally happy with the services received, I'll tell you straight up that my feelings on the service from both of you is now questionable. I won't go into details, but just know that's where I stand.

No one from Vive or EVS has shared with me what occurred or why, or how it impacts the services you do. When you were together, I was assured that whatever service I needed would be worked on by the expert in that service. Now, I have no idea if that's true. Both of you claim to do XPel, ceramic coatings, and paint correction. Vive is also offering some wheel services now. But obviously, whomever was the expert in a certain service cannot be at both locations. Keeping your customers in the dark as to the circumstances of this business split has had a negative impact on me and my choice of where to go and who to go to for service.

Privately, I have been told rumors and innuendo from people that reflect negatively on both companies. Usually, the person whom I'm listening to has some sort of bias as to who created the bad blood between you and who lost more in the split. Visibly, there are people who used to work at both companies whom I knew personally, but that are no longer there. In the rumors, there are allegations of how certain people who were experts in their respective talents are no longer involved in your businesses. All of these things again reflect negatively on both of you.

If you want to retain your customer base, you need to clear the air. I want to know why I should take my car to EVS or Vive and for what service. I want to know the company that any particular expert(s) is/are working for, and confirmation that he/she/they are still working there.

Reactions: EVS Motors
EVS (and Vive),

I'm going to be a bit blunt in this post because I think there are some issues here that need to be cleared up once and for all. The fact is that both EVS Motors and Vive were housed in the same building and worked together, jointly, on many high-end automotive services. About a year ago, the two of you split your businesses apart. EVS Motors is now the sole occupant of the Bissonnet location, while Vive moved their office to a location on Richmond.

As a customer of both of you for the past 2.5 years who has been generally happy with the services received, I'll tell you straight up that my feelings on the service from both of you is now questionable. I won't go into details, but just know that's where I stand.

No one from Vive or EVS has shared with me what occurred or why, or how it impacts the services you do. When you were together, I was assured that whatever service I needed would be worked on by the expert in that service. Now, I have no idea if that's true. Both of you claim to do XPel, ceramic coatings, and paint correction. Vive is also offering some wheel services now. But obviously, whomever was the expert in a certain service cannot be at both locations. Keeping your customers in the dark as to the circumstances of this business split has had a negative impact on me and my choice of where to go and who to go to for service.

Privately, I have been told rumors and innuendo from people that reflect negatively on both companies. Usually, the person whom I'm listening to has some sort of bias as to who created the bad blood between you and who lost more in the split. Visibly, there are people who used to work at both companies whom I knew personally, but that are no longer there. In the rumors, there are allegations of how certain people who were experts in their respective talents are no longer involved in your businesses. All of these things again reflect negatively on both of you.

If you want to retain your customer base, you need to clear the air. I want to know why I should take my car to EVS or Vive and for what service. I want to know the company that any particular expert(s) is/are working for, and confirmation that he/she/they are still working there.

More than happy to explain truth, however there are some things that should remain private.

First of all Vive has never done paint protection installation, nor is trained in that field of service. Vive has been around for 4+ years (Anson was about 21 years of age at the time) when for the first time they had a location which was in our back building we sub-leased to them. Vive is a detailing business since its formation 4+ years ago. EVS Motors has always offered tint or clear bra service since 2004. We have always had in house tinters since 2011 and in the last 2 years we have a professionally trained paint protection technician that has raised the standard in installs for Houston. We are more than happy to compare quality of work with any competitor. We decided to go fully in house because there was a lack of control and responsibility of some contractors that upset us and unfortunately some clients, however with that said EVS Motors stands behind anything that is done through us and we made right with any client that ever had any bad experience at our shop. Our customer satisfaction has been 4.5-5 star since we have done everything in house.

However after Vive moved out they did not have our services we offered which was tint/clear bra. They now contract that out to Houston PPF. We have however used them in the past as well for a short period and decided to keep it in house because that would be our only way to control quality.

Products or services offered at EVS Motors in the last 10 years has been wheels, tires, dash cams, gopro, radar systems, suspension enhancements, performance enhancements, brake enhancements, ecu tuning, vehicle sales, paint protection and window tints. We still have he same tinter/clear bra tech for 3 years now. Nothing has changed there. The only persons that have left EVS Motors are customer service people or the mechanic.

Vive as far as we know since 2011-2012 to now was never trained nor authorized as an Xpel dealer. EVS Motors has been an Xpel dealer since 2010-2010. However since we started carrying what we believe to be the highest clarity and most hydrophobic paint protection film on the market, called ClearGuard Nano, Xpel for some odd reason removed us from their dealer list. We still wonder why to this day. Hmmm.. Anyhow we are technically still a Xpel dealer and still sell their products for specific purposes. I will tell you Vive recently picked up a Korean product called Stek, they are a dealer for them. But they do not have a technician that installs it that is a Vive employee. We are familiar with the product called Stek as they reached out to us 1.5 years ago, we still have their emails but we were not happy with its quality. Stek on email acknowledge the product disadvantages. We are a very picky business and will only deal with the best in the business for our clients. The only good thing with Stek was that it was cheap to buy, but we don't offer products to our clients for the sake of cheap. I have even provided proof that they have tried to get us to buy it since over two years ago.

With Vive moved out in Feb 2017 they decided to be a competitor of ours, its a free world we understand that, we decided to offer paint correction, coatings, detailing through a in-house contractor as well. Our focus on detailing is through customer satisfaction and fair pricing. Our paint correction and nano-coating services starts at only $450 as we focus on removing about 80% of swirls, while we understand our competitors may focus on removing 90%-95% of the swirls but charge around $1,000 for that extra 10-15% additional swirl mark removal. Also with paint protection film and after our paint correction about 99% of the swirl marks are not visible so we don't want to charge a client more if its not necessary and most cars being done are daily drivers not collector cars.

To be clear again, EVS Motors does in house paint protection and clear bra. We offer the highest level of quality install or your money back. We believe so much in our quality install that we will back it up like nobody else would. EVS Motors is a risk free transaction and with 17+ years of experience we understand how to treat our clients.

We never wanted to keep clients in the dark, but thought the mature thing to do was not to make a big deal about this. But with your request we obliged to reply and hope this clears things up.

-Ted

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 7.46.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 7.46.28 PM.png
    975 KB · Views: 133
Thank you Ted, this is helpful.

So one of the things I noticed here is a difference between paint protection (XPel / CG Nano), and paint correction (decontamination and swirl mark removal).

Those two things usually go together. I brought my Model S to your (at the time, combined) businesses in October of 2015 for C.Quartz coating installation. Paint correction was done, then the C.Quartz was applied. Are you saying that a Vive employee did the paint correction, and then you (EVS) did the C.Quartz? Or did Vive do both?

I guess my concern is that if someone wants to get the expertise of installation for say, CG Nano, they would have brought the car to your combined business, Vive would have done paint correction and surface preparation, then EVS would have applied the CG Nano. If this is right, that means that now, I can't get that former total expertise at either company. If I go to Vive, I can get professional paint correction but then they would have Houston PPF do the paint protection film, whom you say doesn't match your quality. If I go to EVS, I can get expert CG Nano installation, but have to settle for a difference in paint correction quality.

So you see my dilemma. It's unfortunate, because it appears your businesses really complimented each other and it's a shame that you're now separate.

Anyway, I appreciate the explanation and write-up. I appreciate that you have certain items that have to remain private, that is a given. It's just that as a customer, I really liked the service I got back in 2015 for my C.Quartz. I will be probably getting a different Model S next May, and will need paint correction and either a coating, PPF, or possibly both at that time, and now that your businesses are separate, how do I replicate that same level of service?

When you came to us EVS Motors has always done Paint Protection and Tint on Tesla's since 2012 when the first one came to us. Vive has always been the one that did the paint correction and coating application.

It is unfortunate that we have decided to take different paths based on our beliefs. We never want to complicate any clients choice, but things like this just happens in life. You always have the freedom of choice when you decide who you would like to service your investment. You can either come to us with the no risk guarantee or your money back. A guarantee I am very prideful of because very few in this industry are willing to take a loss to make sure their clients stay happy. Most people in business look only at the profit and that doesn't make for a good business model. You could always pick your detail shop of choice and then come to us for the paint protection film. If you have any questions please feel free to directly message us. Many members of our team log in with this account, however currently it is me Ted. You may speak with anyone from our team from Cornelia, Haywood or Logan. They are all experts who has worked with EVS Motors from 2 years to 7 years.

Thank you Ted, this is helpful.

So one of the things I noticed here is a difference between paint protection (XPel / CG Nano), and paint correction (decontamination and swirl mark removal).

Those two things usually go together. I brought my Model S to your (at the time, combined) businesses in October of 2015 for C.Quartz coating installation. Paint correction was done, then the C.Quartz was applied. Are you saying that a Vive employee did the paint correction, and then you (EVS) did the C.Quartz? Or did Vive do both?

I guess my concern is that if someone wants to get the expertise of installation for say, CG Nano, they would have brought the car to your combined business, Vive would have done paint correction and surface preparation, then EVS would have applied the CG Nano. If this is right, that means that now, I can't get that former total expertise at either company. If I go to Vive, I can get professional paint correction but then they would have Houston PPF do the paint protection film, whom you say doesn't match your quality. If I go to EVS, I can get expert CG Nano installation, but have to settle for a difference in paint correction quality.

So you see my dilemma. It's unfortunate, because it appears your businesses really complimented each other and it's a shame that you're now separate.

Anyway, I appreciate the explanation and write-up. I appreciate that you have certain items that have to remain private, that is a given. It's just that as a customer, I really liked the service I got back in 2015 for my C.Quartz. I will be probably getting a different Model S next May, and will need paint correction and either a coating, PPF, or possibly both at that time, and now that your businesses are separate, how do I replicate that same level of service?

Thanks again, Ted. I can relate to the pride in the guarantee and in the customer service. I own my own business (Managed IT Services) and I pride myself in doing the best IT work for small businesses that I possibly can.

I appreciate all the detail, and this lets me know where i might take my vehicle for the proper services.

We have set our last Tesla owner's gathering for 2017, and we have a special surprise for those attending.

Where: Peli Peli Kitchen, 9090 Katy Freeway, Houston, Texas 77024
When: 16 Dec 2017 11:30am - 1:30pm
URL: Peli Peli Kitchen

If you participated in our group's bulk merchandise order, I have received it and will bring it for distribution at the event as well. Hope to see you there! Should be a great turnout!

For those new owners or reservation holders, this is also a reminder we have a closed Facebook group for owners that you are welcome to join:

Tesla Owners of Greater Houston - Facebook

• Love
Reactions: Tez2017 and TexLaw
We have set our last Tesla owner's gathering for 2017, and we have a special surprise for those attending.

Where: Peli Peli Kitchen, 9090 Katy Freeway, Houston, Texas 77024
When: 16 Dec 2017 11:30am - 1:30pm
URL: Peli Peli Kitchen

If you participated in our group's bulk merchandise order, I have received it and will bring it for distribution at the event as well. Hope to see you there! Should be a great turnout!

For those new owners or reservation holders, this is also a reminder we have a closed Facebook group for owners that you are welcome to join:

Tesla Owners of Greater Houston - Facebook
When is the next get together

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler and kash
Hello fellow Houston area Tesla owners!

I'm considering trying the K-MAC adjustable bushings to adjust my rear alignment that eats expensive 21" tires.

Can anyone recommend an alignment shop with experience aligning Tesla's?

Here's the thread in the Model S forums:
Vendor - Rear Adjustable Camber Bushings for Model S/X Group Buy

and a video that shows how they work.

Anyway, if you know of a good alignment shop please let me know. I'm in Sugar Land, but anywhere is fine.

Thanks! Ken

Houston Area Tesla Owners and Reservation Holders:

Please join us for an event on 12 May 2018! We will start with lunch at the The Swinging Door BBQ (The Swinging Door Restaurant | Texas Bar-B-Q at its best!) at 11:30am:

3818 Farm to Market 359, Richmond, TX 77406

Then we will head over as a group to Braman Winery & Brewery around 12:30-1pm. We'll aim to get a group photo at the winery and folks are welcome to stay as long as they like.

Braman Winery & Brewery
3421 FM 359
Richmond, TX 77406
(281) 762-1375

https://bramanbrands.com/winery/

Good road trip before it gets too hot! I hope to see you there!

Attachments

• Braman Winery.jpg
    Braman Winery.jpg
    790.7 KB · Views: 62
Hello fellow Houston area Tesla owners!

I'm considering trying the K-MAC adjustable bushings to adjust my rear alignment that eats expensive 21" tires.

Can anyone recommend an alignment shop with experience aligning Tesla's?

Here's the thread in the Model S forums:
Vendor - Rear Adjustable Camber Bushings for Model S/X Group Buy

and a video that shows how they work.

Anyway, if you know of a good alignment shop please let me know. I'm in Sugar Land, but anywhere is fine.

Thanks! Ken
I bought a lifetime alignment at Firestone. They did a good job with alignment of my P85+ and the store on Westheimer near Truluck's.

Thanks gnelson. I wound up buying four Hankook 21's from Tirerack for half what I've been paying at the Houston SC. Had them sent directly to NTB who also did a good job on the alignment.

Still would like to find a company that could install the camber adjusting bushing's, but until then at least tires are a lot less now! :)

Reactions: gnelson