Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick Update on my Austin -> Conroe trip.

Nikki was able to make it back with little issue, covering the 175 miles back to Cedar Park (actual home location) from Conroe-Willis with 25 miles left, but it was clear and no winds that I could see. On the way out it was raining so I used 10% more power (on the rainy segment averaging 335 instead of the 305 in the clear. I took 290, then 105 into Conroe, so it was easy to stay down at 67 for the fastest segments and about 60 or less on 105. Obviously taking I-10 (for Houston proper) might have been more problematic, both from distance as well as prevailing speeds.

To give me a backup, I worked with a really nice RV park called Artesian RV Park, just outside Brenham. They were very uninformed about electric cars, but were also very understanding and flexible. I added them to plugshare, shown here. Their 50A plugs were no problem, and we picked up 25 miles there pretty quickly after the rainstorm, but it turned out we could have arrived with 10 miles left even without the boost.

I never heard from anyone in Houston area from the forum - guess no one is that far north and on here.

Artesian.JPG

I'll be there in the morning. With a little luck, I'll get there by 6:30 and try to save spots if I'm the first.

Any others, aside from Greg, planning to be there?

Stephen in the past how many spot have you normally grabbed?

@jed-99aggie How many cars did we end up having Saturday?
@gnelson: Did your wife get her ride? If not, how long will she be in town?
jed-99aggie had the only Tesla. Jason showed up but not with his. My wife was fading so we left around 8; so, my wife didn't get a ride yet. I think she is flying again on Wed.
Greg

- - - Updated - - -

We talked with a nice gentleman from Oslo. He has a reservation for a Model X. He is getting 2 Leafs due to the long wait for a Model S. They get fantastic incentives for EV's in Norway. I think he would be happier with a Volt than the Leafs, but they only get partial incentives for Volts.

We also talked with a young man who has a reservation for a white Model S.

It was a busy morning. Still a lot of interest in the car by many.

I arrived by 6:05 and the spots we have parked in recently were already marked off by another club. (They arrived at 5:45.) I ended up parking just around the corner.

Informal poll: How many folks would want to participate in a Tesla SuperCharger scavenger hunt of sorts? This would entail Houston area owners driving halfway to Dallas and checking out each highway exit in a prioritized order. Assuming Tesla has already broken ground, we know the rough footprints of the California SuperChargers and the type of things Tesla likes to have nearby, so we would be looking for a small-ish construction zone of sorts. Does this interest anyone?

Why drive, we can do an aerial recon flight if you like. Shouldn't be too hard to spot a few locations worthy of an on-site investigation drive.

Informal poll: How many folks would want to participate in a Tesla SuperCharger scavenger hunt of sorts? This would entail Houston area owners driving halfway to Dallas and checking out each highway exit in a prioritized order. Assuming Tesla has already broken ground, we know the rough footprints of the California SuperChargers and the type of things Tesla likes to have nearby, so we would be looking for a small-ish construction zone of sorts. Does this interest anyone?