Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reminder that Coffee and Cars is cancelled this weekend. However, Susan and I will be heading to Safeer's event. He's got 4 spots for us together if we arrive at 8:45am together. Anyone else interested in the other two spots?

Details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/256185041228918/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Official notification from Houston Coffee and Cars:

PLEASE SHARE: Important, we will NOT have a gathering this Saturday May 3rd! We will take a break as we coordinate improvements and work to improve the gathering together with the city. We WILL be back in June and with many surprises that you won't want to miss. This break is needed as very special machines (McLaren P1, Porsche 918 and Ferrari La Ferrari) will be presented to the public in the second half of the year. We appreciate everyone's help, support and we will see you June 7th!

Last edited:
They don't, but if you stay at Hotel Galvez the night before your cruise you can charge there. The hotel garage has two Blink charging stations. Sometimes the spots are used for valet parking but if so the valet will move that car elsewhere.

They don't, but if you stay at Hotel Galvez the night before your cruise you can charge there. The hotel garage has two Blink charging stations. Sometimes the spots are used for valet parking but if so the valet will move that car elsewhere.

Thank you. May be a plan.

Blink also has a pair in the parking lot at Jimmy Johns (right across from the terminal) and a pair at Tremont house. The Tremont one says "valet parking" ... so my question would be "since I am using this pay service, can I park there without staying at the hotel / eating at Jimmy Johns for a three or four day cruise?" I'm not pinching pennies, simply, for timing and planning purposes.

WJ

Last edited:
Two events in Houston tomorrow:

1) Houston Coffee and Cars: https://www.facebook.com/coffeeandcars
Arrive 6:30am to ensure a decent spot for parking, ignore the new map, try to park near our old location:

We Got Your Back Chiropractic - http://wegotyourbackchiropractic.com
110 Vintage Park Blvd. Suite D Building J
Houston, Texas 77070

2) Supercar Saturday: https://www.facebook.com/houstonsupercars
Arrive no earlier than 8:45am as gates open at that time

I can't attend, but for those of you who do, have fun!

Quick comment on valet parking. Even though many hotels state that only valet parkers may drive valet cars, I've found on three occasions that if I asked for the bell station and talk to the bell captain, that they said they would allow me to park my own car. In all cases it was one in and one out, so it wasn't a lot of back and forth, but it was easy to get permission. I just noted the name that approved it and didn't have any problems when i got there. I parked it myself without incident, but obviosuly needed help getting into the parking area, which I did get.

david

Just a reminder that there are two National Drive Electric Week Events this week in Houston (please RSVP at the URL if you plan to attend):

Event #1: https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=258

Day: Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Time: 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Location: Houston Arboretum, 4501 Woodway Dr, Houston, TX 77024

I will be there at this event and I believe 3 other Model S have RSVPed.

Event #2: https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=205

Day: Saturday, September 20, 2014
Time: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm

A BMW dealership is going to be bringing some i3s, so it would be great to have a few Model S there as well. I think there is one RSVPed so far, but we could always have more.

Event #3: Sr. Cuthbert Episcopal Church - Touch-A-Truck

There is a second event on 9/20 that unfortunately conflicts with the IKEA event.

7th Annual Touch-A-Truck.jpg

Day: Saturday, Sept 20
Time: 10am to 2pm
Address: 17020 West Rd, Houston, TX 77095 @ Queenston Blvd
URL: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Touch-A-Truck/461892017176594

I'll be at this event. We could use a Roadster here if you have one. Your car would not be touched unless you want it to be.

--------

Separate from this, someone brought a beautiful red and black Roadster to Coffee and Cars a number of months back; unfortunately, I don't think I got your contact details. If this is you, if you could PM me here, that would be great. I'd like to add you to our owners list. Thanks!

Last edited:
All - Be aware that the charging stands at Ecopark at Bush Airport are no longer free. It is $0.04/minute ($57.60/day) plus the normal parking fee. Below is the response from Blink when I complained about a $146.98/bill. They reduced it to about $8.50/day

Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2014 7:39 PM
To: flybob08
Cc: Tier2
Subject: Blink Network Refund CAS- 103632

Hello Robert,

Thank you for contacting Car Charging Group about your experience with the Blink Network. It is our goal to make EV charging an increasingly easier, more understandable, and better total experience for any EV driver utilizing our services. We have investigated the session history under your account and it looks like you have incurred additional fees for not unplugging your car after it was fully charged.

As a valued Blink member, we have gone ahead and issued a one-time refund of $125.28 to your account for the hours when little or no energy was dispensed. As you already know, if you do not unplug your car after it is done charging, you will continue to be billed for a charging session until your car is removed from the charging station.

We understand that while you are out of town and parked at an airport there is no way to unplug your car. We are currently working on a pricing structure as described below [NOTE THERE WAS NO DESCRIPTION BELOW], which will allow for special circumstances such as this to be priced more efficiently. We appreciate your business and we will continue to support the adoption of kWh pricing in all states, as well as evaluate and adjust our pricing policies as necessary to support your EV charging needs.

If you have any questions, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at (888) 998-BLINK or at [email protected]. Thank you for choosing Blink Network and have a great day!

Thank you,
Crystal Mears
Network Operations Technician

Sorry didn't see this till today. I'm the owner of the black and red #116 tesla roadster. Let me know about other events and ill bring it over if I still have it. Looking to sell it for a 2.5 and have the same paint accents done to it.

Looks like Houston Coffee and Cars is not going to happen again tomorrow (neither the Facebook or Website has been updated in a while). That leaves at least three events for tomorrow, two in Houston and one in Austin if you want to make the drive:

1) Supercar Saturday:

Time: 9AM - 11AM (1 Nov)
Location: West Ave @ River Oaks: 2800 Kirby Drive, Houston, TX 77098

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/houstonsupercars
URL: Monthly Weekend Car Events | Supercar Saturdays Houston, Texas | Supercars Houston

2) Bellaire Recycle Day:

Time: 10am - 2pm (1 Nov)
Loftin Park in Bellaire (7008 S. Rice, Bellaire, TX 77401 next to City Hall)

URL: Bellaire, TX - Official Website - Recycles Fest 2014

Event description:

We will have food trucks, children’s activities, an art contest, local green businesses, and local artists selling products made from repurposed materials. Speakers will give presentations on how to live a more sustainable lifestyle. We will also offer free drop-off secure paper shredding, scrap metal recycling, textile recycling, electronics recycling, and more!

3) Tesla VIP Reception for Austin Race Weekend:

Time: 6pm – 9pm (1 Nov)
Den at The W
317 3rd Street
Austin, TX 78701

RSVP: Tesla VIP Reception at Austin Race Weekend | Events | Tesla Motors