Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a 7 seater, but am just waiting for my delivery appointment this coming Thursday, it's a home delivery from the Westchase location.

Went to test drive last Friday and they had a MYP there for me to drive that was the same specs as mine except white interior. I had this appointment setup a couple weeks ago thinking I would be waiting much longer. Anyway during the test drive my decision to go with the MYP was validated, it didn't even feel real how fast and effortless the acceleration was, and how easy it was to achieve, push pedal -> go.

When I opened the door on the demo to start to the drive Thunderstruck was playing, an appropriate soundtrack for the test drive to come.

• Love
Reactions: RSherm25
Not a 7 seater, but am just waiting for my delivery appointment this coming Thursday, it's a home delivery from the Westchase location.

Went to test drive last Friday and they had a MYP there for me to drive that was the same specs as mine except white interior. I had this appointment setup a couple weeks ago thinking I would be waiting much longer. Anyway during the test drive my decision to go with the MYP was validated, it didn't even feel real how fast and effortless the acceleration was, and how easy it was to achieve, push pedal -> go.

When I opened the door on the demo to start to the drive Thunderstruck was playing, an appropriate soundtrack for the test drive to come.
That is awesome! You are the second person I have seen recently who is doing a home appointment from west chase. Wonder if they do that with all great Houston here? I am in Sienna

Yeah, I would have preferred to pick it up, and when I ordered they said I was outside of the delivery range. But something's changed and now they want to bring it to me, which is fine, I have to work Thursday so this will be easier.

When I test drove they had 5-6 cars in the pickup lane so they're doing a bit of both. But I figured being about 27 miles away meant no delivery.

Reactions: RSherm25
Yeah, I would have preferred to pick it up, and when I ordered they said I was outside of the delivery range. But something's changed and now they want to bring it to me, which is fine, I have to work Thursday so this will be easier.

When I test drove they had 5-6 cars in the pickup lane so they're doing a bit of both. But I figured being about 27 miles away meant no delivery.
Im going through this right now, but with Pond Springs in Austin. I live 35+ miles from the DC down a gravel road, so I insisted they let me come pick it up. So, I deliver this Wednesday at 11am.

One funny thing I noticed - my VIN and the VINs of several others on this thread are in the 247-248 range (mines 248) - others are getting 251 and 252 range. Does this mean that our 24x cars were sitting there in the holding lot in Fremont waiting for a part or something? Sure hope we are not being delivered "old" cars.

I'm disappointed, I can't buy a Tesla in NH and have it delivered to Massachusetts for pickup. I didn't want to travel to NJ to pickup my 2022 Model Y, so I opted in for home delivery at a cost of $750.00 from Tesla's 3rd party delivery service. They also pickup my trade in at the same time.

Reactions: KeithMac
Hi Houstonians, I would like some recommendations about home chargers. Do you have any credits to install EV charger in Houston?
Get a Tesla wall connector or a Wallbox (the higher end one, 50a or 60a dont recall). I took my Tesla connector including the install off my Federal taxes this year. Dont know about Harris county, in Travis there is nothing additional.

Reactions: ALSET1680