Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HOV Sticker and DMV Registration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the time we picked up our MY we asked for a copy of the documentation that we signed, but they told us a copy would be uploaded to the site.

Now that we're attempting to apply for the HOV stickers, the DMV form is asking us to provide our registration, which we don't appear to have.

When we look at our account information on the Tesla web site, the documentation that is there includes the "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement", which is a multiple-page agreement, but not exactly what we'd call the vehicle registration.

Did anyone immediately get a copy of the DMV registration at the time they picked up there vehicle? Perhaps the better question is: What did you send along with your HOV sticker application?

At the time we picked up our MY we asked for a copy of the documentation that we signed, but they told us a copy would be uploaded to the site.

Now that we're attempting to apply for the HOV stickers, the DMV form is asking us to provide our registration, which we don't appear to have.

When we look at our account information on the Tesla web site, the documentation that is there includes the "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement", which is a multiple-page agreement, but not exactly what we'd call the vehicle registration.

Did anyone immediately get a copy of the DMV registration at the time they picked up there vehicle? Perhaps the better question is: What did you send along with your HOV sticker application?

You should have gotten a temporary registration at delivery. It’s either in the glove compartment, or perhaps they taped it to the windshield on the passenger side.

Otherwise, you’ll get your permanent registration when you get your plates.

• Helpful
Reactions: Electric Steve

As we're halfway through the year, and traffic is fairly light if you're driving to work at all, I'd suggest waiting until Jan 2021 to get a sticker so you get 3 full years of hov

As we're halfway through the year, and traffic is fairly light if you're driving to work at all, I'd suggest waiting until Jan 2021 to get a sticker so you get 3 full years of hov
I did this exact same thing on my Model 3.

But, are there any concerns the program won't be extended next year? Do they have to budget for it or is it automatically renewed. And what color are the stickers???

I did this exact same thing on my Model 3.

But, are there any concerns the program won't be extended next year? Do they have to budget for it or is it automatically renewed. And what color are the stickers???
At worst they don't extend and just giving out the orange stickers that expire in 2024 into the following year?

According to the website, the program runs until Sept. 2025 at which point ALL stickers expire. So, waiting until Jan 2021 will not be a problem.

They've done yellow, white, green, red, purple, and orange. I would assume blue is next for 2021. The other option is black with white lettering.

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-7_13-50-18.png
    upload_2020-6-7_13-50-18.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 60