Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HOV Sticker Magnetic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you who have already removed their rear bumpers; do you think it's possible to add a piece of metal or magnetic sheet inside behind where the rear HOV sticker would go so that if I put magnetic material on the back of the HOV sticker it would stay magnetically stuck on the bumper?

For those of you who have already removed their rear bumpers; do you think it's possible to add a piece of metal or magnetic sheet inside behind where the rear HOV sticker would go so that if I put magnetic material on the back of the HOV sticker it would stay magnetically stuck on the bumper?

Why not try to use something like 3M command strips? These beasties have pretty good hold, but are not permanent.

I haven't heard about anyone stealing white stickers since they are unlimited. The yellow ones were stolen by hybrid drivers that missed out on the limited number of yellow ones. I stuck the hov stickers to paint armor film and then stuck that to the car. Will come off clean when they expire.

I have a black Model S, so I just purchased two of these these little guys on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/170885158023?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
and put my three stickers on those (two of these backs is enough for all three carpool stickers) and cut around the edges, so there is no clear border. I got my car washed, then put them on my bumper. They're on there very well, but very easily removable and easy to reposition many times.

I have a black Model S, so I just purchased two of these these little guys on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/170885158023?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
and put my three stickers on those (two of these backs is enough for all three carpool stickers) and cut around the edges, so there is no clear border. I got my car washed, then put them on my bumper. They're on there very well, but very easily removable and easy to reposition many times.

Thanks for the tip!