TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

HOV Sticker Magnetic

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by ChargedUp, Feb 20, 2013.

1. ChargedUp

ChargedUp Member

For those of you who have already removed their rear bumpers; do you think it's possible to add a piece of metal or magnetic sheet inside behind where the rear HOV sticker would go so that if I put magnetic material on the back of the HOV sticker it would stay magnetically stuck on the bumper?

2. haid

haid Member

Why not try to use something like 3M command strips? These beasties have pretty good hold, but are not permanent.

3. astrotoy

astrotoy Member

Would that be easy to steal?

4. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

One'd have to remember to take them off and store them inside the car after driving.

Fine idea actually.

5. strider

strider Active Member

I haven't heard about anyone stealing white stickers since they are unlimited. The yellow ones were stolen by hybrid drivers that missed out on the limited number of yellow ones. I stuck the hov stickers to paint armor film and then stuck that to the car. Will come off clean when they expire.

6. Jello

Jello Member

I have a black Model S, so I just purchased two of these these little guys on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/170885158023?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
    and put my three stickers on those (two of these backs is enough for all three carpool stickers) and cut around the edges, so there is no clear border. I got my car washed, then put them on my bumper. They're on there very well, but very easily removable and easy to reposition many times.

7. ChargedUp

ChargedUp Member

Thanks so much for letting me know. I will definitely buy this.

8. clmazin

clmazin Member

Ditto. Just made the purchase. Thanks, Jello.

9. MikeK

MikeK R#129, TSLA shareholder

You guys should keep in mind that these stickers are really valuable to some people. There's a risk of theft. I guess as long as they're done so that you can't tell they're on a removable vinyl substrate, you're probably okay, though.

10. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

Just go down to your local clear bra installation shop and ask for a scrap piece of clearshield and us it as the base for you sticker. That's what I did and it works great.

11. Red40

Red40 Member

Thanks for the tip!