TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

HOV Sticker Placement

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by drewmcmanus, Jun 8, 2016.

1. drewmcmanus

drewmcmanus Member

Just got my (big, ugly) California HOV Lane stickers. Not crazy about how they look, but they'll save me a lot of time in traffic.

The positioning of the stickers is mandated (one on right rear, one on each side near rear), but That leaves a lot of leeway for aesthetics. I've seen a lot of cars with them and note how they position the stickers. Haven't seen a Model X with them yet.

Where did you put yours? Photos welcome!

2. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

I put mine on the black plastic below the rear bumper. Pics attached

Attached Files:

3. Vic4Model3

Vic4Model3 Member

From the CA ARB:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The 85,000 statutory Green Clean Air Vehicle Decal limit has been reached. The DMV will continue to accept applications without payment to establish a queue for requesters should an additional amount of decals be authorized. There is no guarantee that additional decals will be authorized in the coming months. Those individuals in the queue will be notified to submit payment if additional decals are approved. Updates will be provided here as more information becomes available.

4. drewmcmanus

drewmcmanus Member

That's for the green stickers. The Model X qualifies for the white stickers.

• Informative x 1
  5. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

@Vic4Model3 - for Model X its the white stickers that are applicable not the green ones and the white ones are unlimited:
    [​IMG]White Clean Air Vehicle decals are available to an unlimited number of qualifying Federal Inherently Low Emission Vehicles (ILEVs). Cars that meet these requirements are typically certified pure zero emission vehicles (100% battery electric and hydrogen fuel cell) and compressed natural gas (CNG) vehicles. Per AB 266, the expiration date for the white stickers has been extended to January 1, 2019.

• Like x 1
  6. Vic4Model3

Vic4Model3 Member

Great news thanks for the clarification.

• Like x 1
  7. RossRAllen

RossRAllen Member

I put mine on with double-sticky tape for the few times I need them traveling through the SF Bay Area. They are butt-ugly and come off as soon as I'm outta there.

• Funny x 1
  8. Suzette

Suzette New Member

Just accepted delivery of our Model X and applied for our HOV stickers. I too have been obsessing about placement. I've seen several Model S and the ones that are reasonably placed are low as possible while still being visible. I have seen few Model X with them but the placement has caused me even more angst. White on black will be hard to hide. From another perspective, my husband told me to wear it like a badge of honor.

9. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Active Member

I don't have an X, but they went on the plastic along the bottom of my car. Not on the paint, ugh.

I recommend cleaning the plastic surface really well with isopropyl alcohol prior to application, and I covered over the top of mine using Clear Gorilla repair tape as they tend to delaminate over time otherwise and look even worse if that's possible. Also, no one can steal them that way, and believe it or not, that's a thing.