Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HOV Sticker Placement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my (big, ugly) California HOV Lane stickers. Not crazy about how they look, but they'll save me a lot of time in traffic.

The positioning of the stickers is mandated (one on right rear, one on each side near rear), but That leaves a lot of leeway for aesthetics. I've seen a lot of cars with them and note how they position the stickers. Haven't seen a Model X with them yet.

Where did you put yours? Photos welcome!

I put mine on the black plastic below the rear bumper. Pics attached

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    228.9 KB · Views: 591
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 536
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    305.9 KB · Views: 536
From the CA ARB:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The 85,000 statutory Green Clean Air Vehicle Decal limit has been reached. The DMV will continue to accept applications without payment to establish a queue for requesters should an additional amount of decals be authorized. There is no guarantee that additional decals will be authorized in the coming months. Those individuals in the queue will be notified to submit payment if additional decals are approved. Updates will be provided here as more information becomes available.

From the CA ARB:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The 85,000 statutory Green Clean Air Vehicle Decal limit has been reached. The DMV will continue to accept applications without payment to establish a queue for requesters should an additional amount of decals be authorized. There is no guarantee that additional decals will be authorized in the coming months. Those individuals in the queue will be notified to submit payment if additional decals are approved. Updates will be provided here as more information becomes available.

That's for the green stickers. The Model X qualifies for the white stickers.

• Informative
Reactions: Blastphemy
@Vic4Model3 - for Model X its the white stickers that are applicable not the green ones and the white ones are unlimited:
clean_air_white_sm.gif
White Clean Air Vehicle decals
are available to an unlimited number of qualifying Federal Inherently Low Emission Vehicles (ILEVs). Cars that meet these requirements are typically certified pure zero emission vehicles (100% battery electric and hydrogen fuel cell) and compressed natural gas (CNG) vehicles. Per AB 266, the expiration date for the white stickers has been extended to January 1, 2019.

Reactions: drewmcmanus
Just got my (big, ugly) California HOV Lane stickers. Not crazy about how they look, but they'll save me a lot of time in traffic.

The positioning of the stickers is mandated (one on right rear, one on each side near rear), but That leaves a lot of leeway for aesthetics. I've seen a lot of cars with them and note how they position the stickers. Haven't seen a Model X with them yet.

Where did you put yours? Photos welcome!
Just accepted delivery of our Model X and applied for our HOV stickers. I too have been obsessing about placement. I've seen several Model S and the ones that are reasonably placed are low as possible while still being visible. I have seen few Model X with them but the placement has caused me even more angst. White on black will be hard to hide. From another perspective, my husband told me to wear it like a badge of honor.

I don't have an X, but they went on the plastic along the bottom of my car. Not on the paint, ugh.

I recommend cleaning the plastic surface really well with isopropyl alcohol prior to application, and I covered over the top of mine using Clear Gorilla repair tape as they tend to delaminate over time otherwise and look even worse if that's possible. Also, no one can steal them that way, and believe it or not, that's a thing.

Can you use PPF on the plastic bumper? My purple sticker has arrived, and time to study where to put them..

There are lots of Model 3 placement discussion and pictures, but not X.. Hopefully some X owners can share where you put your purple stickers and how..

My first post to the forum. Been reading a few threads and thought I would start sharing.

Just added HOV stickers using PPF in the black bumper area. My goal was to have them as discreet as possible.

the installation was straight-forward but used a lot of water with a dash of soap for positioning

Attachments

• IMG_1091.jpg
    IMG_1091.jpg
    613.6 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1092.jpg
    IMG_1092.jpg
    624.9 KB · Views: 173