Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HOV use - Fast Trak in California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering the same thing. Doesn't look like there's any provision for it, so users who need a switchable would still need a switchable.

It looks like it's an ISO 18000-6C sticker -- the standard supports switchable, but I don't think there are any switchable stickers out there.
stickers are for 100% charge of the fee......to get discounts, you must have a transponder (switchable)......and now, even if you have a switchable transponder, you only get discount if you have over $40 in charges each month

...and now, even if you have a switchable transponder, you only get discount if you have over $40 in charges each month

Depends. Golden Gate Bridge toll, for example, has no such minimum. I believe you're speaking of an Orange County specific rule re. a supplemental discount (which isn't clear how it does or doesn't apply to FasTrak accounts based elsewhere and used on the OC roads, or vice versa.)

for what it's worth. I have the 91 toll sticker AND transponder (that i asked for). Was told to always keep it on 1 and i'll get the better of the deal if both are used. I have never had to pay for tolls on the 91 using this method. Zero cost minus the deposit loaded onto the account for when i use other toll roads such as 73 or LA tolls