Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How’s the wait going for the Aussie 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Past the two year mark and approaching the 1 year to go mark how is everyone feeling while we wait for the model 3? Has anyone given up due to needing another car and bought something else? EV, Hybrid or Rex? Or S for the free supercharging and range?
It’s going to be a long year.........

Don't put your Tesla life on hold for another year (or two on Elon time). Get into a Model S85 now
26172297_1988390428084089_8384910115656527760_o.jpg
in perfect condition with AP1, sunroof, air suspension etc for $92,950

92k will just throw luxary tax down the government's throat. RHD middle of next year (which will probably end up being 2020) is terrible news. Thought it'd be at least early 2019...
We are getting a more than 2 year old car for the same price as a new car and probably 40% extra seeing how we are in australia...

Last edited:
The wait is hard but I’m not interested in Model S - new or used. Simply too big for my tastes and I want the Model 3 for its 500 km range, which is only possible with the most expensive S.

I’m hopeful (possibly against reason) that Model 3 will arrive mid next year here (July/August) as suggested, and it won’t become a November nightmare. Interestingly, “the wait” will be 1234 days on 17 August 2019, so maybe that will be the day :D

Reactions: Shock-On-T
On the optimistic side, the delayed availability of Model 3 means that a lot of glitches will be ironed out before they get to Australia. It will not be a ‘2 year old’ model because it is continually updated. Also, if the Tesla hype is to believed, the more they ramp up production the cheaper it will get. If Tesla hits the magic 10000 units a week it might even be cheaper and arrive sooner - or have I been drinking too much koolaid?

Reactions: David99
On the optimistic side, the delayed availability of Model 3 means that a lot of glitches will be ironed out before they get to Australia. It will not be a ‘2 year old’ model because it is continually updated. Also, if the Tesla hype is to believed, the more they ramp up production the cheaper it will get. If Tesla hits the magic 10000 units a week it might even be cheaper and arrive sooner - or have I been drinking too much koolaid?

I think you have it correct except for being cheaper, if that happens it wouldn't be till many years down the track.

On the optimistic side, the delayed availability of Model 3 means that a lot of glitches will be ironed out before they get to Australia.
Agr eed. Though with over the air updates these can be worked out for older examples too. Ours will have more features and fewer bugs on the day we drive away for sure.
If Tesla hits the magic 10000 units a week it might even be cheaper and arrive sooner - or have I been drinking too much koolaid?
I don't think sooner or cheaper are in the tesla playbook. But dare to dream!

I've requested a refund of my deposit. I had lost interest in the model 3. Still want an EV, but may not be end up with a Tesla. After more than two years, I still don't like the look of the model 3, and I would rather a lift back or an SUV, not a sedan.

I'm thinking of doing the same. The electric Jaguar just got launched and all the Germans will have full electrics out soon.

How do we request the refund? Can it be done online or do we contact Tesla AU?