Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How’s Y’s wireless charger compared to Jeda?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently installed a Jeda hub and charger in my 3. Easy to install; plugs in directly without requiring additional wires. Charges well. Attractive. Charges horizontally and vertically and the optional adapter allows the additional option of plug-in charging if needed. The hub inconspicuously hides the storage device and provides additional console storage space. Excellent products.

Is it pretty much the same speed and functionality as Jeda wireless charger? Anyone notice anything different? I believe Y doesn’t charge in landscape orientation
The built in one is a piece of garbage with a lip so shallow you can't even insert a phone with a thin case under it. Then with the case off it didn't even charge my phone faster then the phone drained battery with the screen off streaming blue tooth. I have a Jeda one now and it's much much better, they ship it with a spacer as well to raise the lip up. Anyway it charges the phone decently quick at rest and will at least hold the phone charge even with the screen on and running Waze/GPS and streaming.

The only downside is they haven't officially shipped their hub yet, so you have to find a way to rig it up.
I have this hub going into the C port and one plug from the charger going into the charging port of this hub, then my SD card going into the other port of the hub as well. Then I have the other plug from the charger going into the non C USB port of the car.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L3W79R3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1