TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How about a combined forum or area for issues common to S, X and potentially Model 3

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by David29, Aug 15, 2016.

1. David29

David29 Member

As someone else noted on a discussion about connectivity issues:

How about a forum area for topics that are most likely common to the S and X and potentially to Model 3 as well? This could reduce potential duplicate posting, as well as making the resulting discussions helpful to more people.

Common topics could include the UI, the Tesla apps (and others that connect to the cars using the API), communications, navigation, even the common batteries and charging systems. There are many others as well, I imagine.

What do others think?

• Like x 3
  2. David29

David29 Member

And here is another post that is suggesting essentially the same idea

AutoPilot Forum

3. danny

danny Administrator

Thanks for the suggestion and for recognizing an issue we have long wanted to improve upon. We intend to provide a more comprehensive solution to the issue of categorization. Creating more and more forums, is in our opinion, not the ideal way to go about it.

• Like x 1
  4. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

We really need the common stuff. I find myself intrigued by questions in the S area and often post there too. Kind of think I am intruding.

• Like x 1
  5. SDRick

SDRick Member

I would agree with the above. Consolidation between the Tesla model platforms on common subjects would reduce the number of forums and provide easier navigation to relevant information.