Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how about a Headlines Only thread for 2016?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SteveG3

Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2012
US
up until September I scanned every post in the short-term thread (and it's predecessor) to keep an eye out for new material information on Tesla for years. alas, the volume on the thread got the best of me. I suspect I'm not alone in feeling overmatched by the number of posts on that thread.

this idea seemed to have a lot of interest last year. maybe this is the year to give it a try.

A "news bulletin", or "headlines only" thread could be a place to mention any new data point being discussed on any of the threads that might impact the stock short or long term. Effectively we'd have an uncluttered go to place to see if there's a reason the stock is up or down $X dollars today, and to see if anything happened of significance the past Y days that you did not have time to go through the other threads.

That is, on this new thread keep the content of posts simply to

1) state the new piece of information, i.e. Elon tweeted xyz, Morgan Stanley changed price target, Model 3 spy shots posted, seatbelt recall, new article out on GF progress, WSJ fuds again, TM website pushes North American deliveries out 2 months,...

and

2)provide a link to the thread having a discussion about it... rather than clutter the news bulletin thread with discussion.

That is, this proposed thread would sort of be a running set of headlines AND an index of which other investment thread the discussion on each respective headline has been taken up. For example, you might post on the headline thread:

"Jonas reiterated buy, his comments included below... (insert excerpt of Jonas comments, and/or link to his article) I've posted this as well on short-term investing thread for discussion (or the analyst price target thread, etc, whatever the case may be)."

This could also capture information that sometimes does not reach the short-term thread... such as information posted on the long-term thread, or threads about technical developments (i.e. battery chemistry, supercharging, etc.), the threads on different global regions, threads on other EV developments, etc, or threads outside the investor subforum that are relevant to Tesla's valuation.

I think a well chosen title for the thread, such as, "TSLA Headlines Only (no analysis, opinions, etc)" could prevent it from drifting into filling up with all the commentary, analysis, etc of the short-term thread.

For this to work, of course, people would have to remember to add a short post to this new thread as discussion went on in one of the other threads.

How about having wiki Thread Summary

Like this

Wiki.JPG

Wiki listing might provide a better overview of published titles and matching dates. Such listing eliminates the need to scroll through posts and pages to find the article