Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How about a Ludocurious Lite mode for the S60?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

joninmelbourne

Solid Black S60 new face
Jun 29, 2016
Melbourne
A Ludocurious Lite mode would be a popular download. Could be a good way for Tesla to get more money out of the new S60's or S75's. I'm sure with software tweaks they could get the 0-100 time for the 60/75 down to near 5 seconds flat. I'd pay $2000 for that. Which else 60/75 owners would?! Cheers

I think a non sport mode with reduced acceleration for the first second if your floor the accelerator would be more likely. They could reduce the price by 2k and charge to unlock sport mode but I suspect the margin on the 60 is already low given it has AP2 hardware and a 75 battery.

The 60D already basically does a 5 flat if you actually time it. The extra tenths are just marketing separation. In terms of extracting more performance, that is doubtful, seeing as the 60/75 battery runs at 350V not the 400V of the bigger batteries.

A Ludocurious Lite mode would be a popular download. Could be a good way for Tesla to get more money out of the new S60's or S75's. I'm sure with software tweaks they could get the 0-100 time for the 60/75 down to near 5 seconds flat. I'd pay $2000 for that. Which else 60/75 owners would?! Cheers

I had my first Tesla ride a few weeks ago in one of the first cars to make it to Australian shores (an S85, thanks Mark) and 0 - 100 in 5.5 secs was plenty quick enough.

I would rather spend a few extra thousand dollars and get a "D" version (for my Model 3) and also gain a slightly better 0 - 100 time with the added benefit of better stability in the wet