TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How About a Model 3 Referral Program?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Cattledog, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

OK, probably completely unnecessary, but it would be fun. Drop the stakes so it's really about some gaudy referral numbers, say $100 off the deposit for the the person making the reservation, and then if you refer 100 you get invited to the Model 3 reveal in late 2017, first to 1,000 you get a tricked out Model 3. For every one you refer you get $10 credit at Tesla. Come on, just make us all the permanent sales force, albeit a poorly paid one. Let's feed the frenzy!

2. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

I don't know that many people

3. Fallenone

Fallenone Active Member

Not likely to happen until 2020. Remember, the referral program for Model S is to stimulate demand to fill up the gap for Model X delay. I don't see a similar situation happening to Model 3 any time soon.

4. Nitramoh

Nitramoh Member

The purpose of the referral program is to keep demand up or increase demand. I don't think demand is going to be an issue for the Model 3. The biggest problem Tesla will have is trying to make them as fast as possible so people don't sit on the waiting list so long that they buy something else instead. (such as Chevy Bolt or next Gen. Leaf)