TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How about a moderated "accidents" thread?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by GasDoc, Oct 7, 2013.

1. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

There have been attempts at "Model S Crash" threads before but they seem to go off topic or get taken over by discussion of one accident over all others.

How about a moderated thread where each post is devoted to a single accident edited by the OP with pics, details and resolution?

It'd be a nice reference to see how many accidents there are and the low incident of injuries.

2. HHHH

HHHH Member

I second this idea.

3. caddieo

caddieo Member

Great idea! It would allow us to see damage patterns and tendencies along with the types of injuries associated with each - all useful for future research leading to further improvements in the car (plus lessons for drivers).

4. texex91

texex91 Banned

I understand why we would want to do it. But...

I also can see some press coming in (you know those guys that caused this story to go overboard in the first place) and saying, look at all of these Tesla accidents--they tend to have more accidents than most cars.

Just saying...

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

6. ByeEnzo

ByeEnzo Member

Based on my experience, most accident threads (for example on FerrariChat, or the Viper or Corvette forums) devolve into a lot of conjecture about what may or may not have happened. Lots of negative comments about the involved parties especially if speed involved, even when a fatality occurred. The best policy I have seen is on the Ford GT Forum where ONLY the owner of a wrecked car can post photos and tell the story. Keeps the website from becoming wreckedexotics.com. If a "wreck thread" is allowed here it needs to be heavily moderated to limit arm chair quarterbacking, maximizing the facts.

7. digitaltim

digitaltim Sig737 VIN628

Or it would contain all of the conjecture to one thread that we could skip...

I enjoy the conversations to get a better appreciation for the safety features of the car, but generally skip over the hyperbole...no offense meant to those that partake in the dialog.

8. Seven7

Seven7 Member

I agree with pretty much everything said here... +1