Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How about a moderated "accidents" thread?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There have been attempts at "Model S Crash" threads before but they seem to go off topic or get taken over by discussion of one accident over all others.

How about a moderated thread where each post is devoted to a single accident edited by the OP with pics, details and resolution?

It'd be a nice reference to see how many accidents there are and the low incident of injuries.

There have been attempts at "Model S Crash" threads before but they seem to go off topic or get taken over by discussion of one accident over all others.

How about a moderated thread where each post is devoted to a single accident edited by the OP with pics, details and resolution?

It'd be a nice reference to see how many accidents there are and the low incident of injuries.

Great idea! It would allow us to see damage patterns and tendencies along with the types of injuries associated with each - all useful for future research leading to further improvements in the car (plus lessons for drivers).

I understand why we would want to do it. But...

I also can see some press coming in (you know those guys that caused this story to go overboard in the first place) and saying, look at all of these Tesla accidents--they tend to have more accidents than most cars.

Just saying...

Based on my experience, most accident threads (for example on FerrariChat, or the Viper or Corvette forums) devolve into a lot of conjecture about what may or may not have happened. Lots of negative comments about the involved parties especially if speed involved, even when a fatality occurred. The best policy I have seen is on the Ford GT Forum where ONLY the owner of a wrecked car can post photos and tell the story. Keeps the website from becoming wreckedexotics.com. If a "wreck thread" is allowed here it needs to be heavily moderated to limit arm chair quarterbacking, maximizing the facts.

Based on my experience, most accident threads (for example on FerrariChat, or the Viper or Corvette forums) devolve into a lot of conjecture about what may or may not have happened. Lots of negative comments about the involved parties especially if speed involved, even when a fatality occurred. The best policy I have seen is on the Ford GT Forum where ONLY the owner of a wrecked car can post photos and tell the story. Keeps the website from becoming wreckedexotics.com. If a "wreck thread" is allowed here it needs to be heavily moderated to limit arm chair quarterbacking, maximizing the facts.

Or it would contain all of the conjecture to one thread that we could skip...

I enjoy the conversations to get a better appreciation for the safety features of the car, but generally skip over the hyperbole...no offense meant to those that partake in the dialog.

I agree with pretty much everything said here... +1