TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How about this as an Infiniti BEV?

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by RobStark, Feb 4, 2015.

1. RobStark

RobStark Active Member

A less aggressive version of this will be the next Nissan Maxima. I think this,minus the grill because a BEV does not need to feed air to the ICE, should be Nissan's proverbial Tesla "fighter/killer". Aerodynamic wheels would not hurt either.

PH-113009986.jpg

PH-113009986.jpg

PH-113009986.jpg

V2-150209962.jpg

2. jordanthompson

jordanthompson 2010 2.0 Sport, VIN 0683

I think that we need another name for this class of car. Instead Tesla killer, I think Tesla tickler is more appropriate.

3. MassModel3

MassModel3 Member

Yes and no... Even though the term "Tesla killer" is horribly inaccurate, it's free advertising to the world that Tesla is the EV to beat. I'm kinda cool with that!

4. wallet.dat

wallet.dat Member

Who exactly is calling it a "Tesla killer" other than Tesla fanboys?

5. Rheazombi

Rheazombi Member

Well when the Bolt was revealed pretty much every news source and auto blog called it that. I bet even Chevy greenlit that as the buzzword of choice. But obviously all those people are just fanboiz! Right?

6. wallet.dat

wallet.dat Member

You're referring to a car that this thread has nothing to do with, then asking me to defend this position. Seriously?

Again, who is calling this Inifiniti a "Tesla killer"?

7. Rheazombi

Rheazombi Member

The post before yours was talking more broadly about how the term Tesla killer gives Tesla free advertising. It wasn't clear whether your skepticism/derision was targeted toward this particular car or the term Tesla Killer itself.

The term has been floated around for cars other than the Bolt (the i3, some crappy Chinese EVs, etc). Anyone who announces a long range EV with a low-ish pricetag, the term "Tesla killer" WILL be featured in clickbait headlines from now on.

8. RobStark

RobStark Active Member

Google

I googled " Tesla killer."

I got at least 10 pages of results. Mostly articles. A few threads on message boards like this one.

9. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

Um, nobody, because it's not even an EV nor is it an Infiniti, it's a Nissan Maxima that the original poster was just saying would be nice styling for an EV. What's your point exactly?

10. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

What exactly are you? Well the media for one.

11. bluenation

bluenation Member

ok dudes, enough sniping :)

nissan once again, poops out what for me is another toyota-style fugly design that tries too hard to look aggressive. maybe they should focus on fixing the unfortunately reliability problems that have popped up in their recent infinitis.

12. RobStark

RobStark Active Member

According to Consumer Reports Infiniti ranks 8th out of 23 brands tracked for reliability.

Only brands that have at least two vehicles qualify for "brand" rankings therefore Tesla does not quality.

But Model S is "average" on CR's reliability rankings.

As Nissan's sales have surged in the US the last two years their reliability has fallen. Now 18 out of 23 brands. Nissan's US factories are manufacturing at or near full capacity while Infinitis come from Nissan's Japanese factories.

If the next Maxima looks close to this concept it will be caliente. Doubly so parked next to a LEAF.

13. bluenation

bluenation Member

dude, if the next gen leaf were to look like that...

ah, but it'll never happen.

14. MassModel3

MassModel3 Member

I will never understand why these car manufacturers can make such beautiful cars, but they seem to have the mindset that an EV can't be sexy.