TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

How about this for a rip off?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Burnt Toast, Oct 13, 2017 at 4:10 AM.

1. Burnt Toast

Burnt Toast Member

Similar headlights
    similar roofline
    similar front bumper
    the same auto front doors
    similar trick rear doors
    even the camera positions are the same in the b pillars

If they are going to copy so closely, it means that Tesla has them scared.

2. Leopold Stotch

I’ll take the tesla any day

• Like x 1
  3. Burnt Toast

Burnt Toast Member

For sure. But that one is less than half the price.

• Informative x 1
  4. kort677

kort677 Active Member

copycatting is a tradition in the auto industry, no news here

5. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

This and their other concepts gives me hope they’ll make a successful transition.

6. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

I'm pretty sure that if you buy today's Tesla X the day that the Crozz is first available, it'll be a lot cheaper. There's a good chance it'll have more features, too.

Pricing on cars that might be available in three years is a pipedream anyway.

7. TOBASH

TOBASH Member

Looks great, but the secret computer program makes it leak electrons everywhere, screwing up the environment a la Diesel pollution scandal. ;-)~~~~

After the scandal, I would never by a VW.

8. PhatCat

PhatCat Kisco Kid

It's actually an ICE with a computer program that makes it look like a BEV when tested.

• Funny x 3
  9. NeverFollow

NeverFollow Member

10. Peteski

Peteski Member

It’s a lot smaller than a Tesla X, although clearly inspired by it. I like the rear doors too, but they are quite different to the Falcons. Good to see other manufacturers getting with the future, but Tesla are living the dream today!

11. Lbkmxp100d

Lbkmxp100d Member

Looks like a combo of an X and the FF. The seats are so bad. Interior would have been much more appealing with better seat option but overall it reminds me of a cheap knockoff!

12. wdolson

wdolson Supporting Member

What's with the stupid blue LED lights on the interior? Those are horrible. I wouldn't go for that if they were giving them away.

13. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Blue is the global "eco" color, so manufacturers keep adding blue everywhere.

14. scaesare

scaesare Well-Known Member

Well, to be fair, "that one" doesn't yet exist for sale.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see other manufacturers jump aboard the BEV train, as Elon has hoped all along. But the VW Auto Group, which includes Audi, has been long on concept cars and press releases, and short on actual cars.

15. comanchepilot

comanchepilot Member

its what kept us from even looking at the i8 and the e-Golf 3 years ago - stop with the blue already.

16. wdolson

It's ubiquitous in the computer industry now too. They are ticking off customers. I work from home for a company 700 miles away (in the Bay Area in CA), and only get down there about once a year. Last time I was in, I had a new laptop that had a bunch of blue LEDs that I had covered with masking tape. Everyone who saw it told me how they hate the blue LEDs and liked my mod.

I'm particularly sensitive to the blue. Blue LEDs have a spike in the blue spectrum right in the same light frequency range as moonlight. I've talked about it with a friend who is an MD who quit practicing to become a techy (he's mostly a programmer/software engineer now). He told me there is a mutation for night vision that makes some people more sensitive to that frequency of light. And I do have very good night vision.

White LEDs are blue LEDs with a filter that spreads the spectrum across the visible spectrum, but still has a spike in the blue spectrum that can bother some people. I stuck to CFT (compact fluorescent which was the standard for LCD monitors until about 2011) backlit monitors as long as I could, but when I had to bite the bullet and get an LED backlit monitor, I bought an EIZO which has a built in blue filter for eye strain. I can only look at my SO's Mac screen for a few minutes before I get eyestrain, but the EIZO is better for eyestrain than any CFT lighted monitor I've ever used.

My first night with my Model S I was depressed because my eyes started hurting before I got home because of the backlights on the screens. I found some anti-blue filter screen protectors that eliminated the problem. I got some zero prescription glasses with blue filters for when I need to be around LED lighting, but it isn't perfect because the light can come in the sides unless it's an LED backlit screen.

Blue LEDs are worse than white for me. I'm so sensitive to the blue it overloads my eyes and I can't focus on the light. Blue LEDs are a constant blur to my eyes. They also seem about 3X brighter than other color LEDs that might be on the same device. I put tape over all the blue LEDs on my electronics and the blue is still quite strong through the tape. The monitor I'm sitting in front of right now has a blue LED power light with two layers of masking tape over the LED. It's as bright to my eyes as an amber LED uncovered would be on an older monitor.

If the blue LEDs were only on when the doors were open, like the dome light, I would be able to tolerate it briefly, but I would not be able to drive with that kind of light in the cabin. My eyes would not be able to focus correctly and it would be dangerous.

As a color I like blue and when white LEDs came along, I liked the slightly blue hue. The eyestrain turned me off them though.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  17. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

@wdolson I agree with everything you said the use of way overly bright blue LEDs is horrible. I really like the idea of a monitor with a built-in blue filter. Can you tell me what model of EIZO monitor you purchased?

18. wdolson

Their site is a little unclear whether all their montiors have it or not, but the FlexScan line does. I got the Flexscan EV2455. The EV2450 is somewhat cheaper, but the 2455 has a bit more screen real estate. Other than screen dimensions the two are otherwise the same.

Just checked the website and it looks like they are about to replace the two 24 inch range monitors with new models.
    FlexScan Professional LCD Monitors | EIZO

• Helpful x 1
  19. DougH

DougH Active Member

We need suicide and lambo doors, all others are lame and annoying.

20. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Supporting Member

I suggest downloading the (free) app f.lux, which will automatically change the color balance to warmer in the evening. You can also override the color balance to be whatever you like.

• Like x 1