TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How Accurate is Future 2016 Supercharger map?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by jlucero, Nov 10, 2015.

1. jlucero

jlucero Member

i see tesla has alot of ambition to increase the number of SC tremendously in 2016. is this pretty reliable and accurate? Or is tesla delayed in these superchargers?

2. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

3. Enadler

Enadler Member

Others l give will give you better stats. But based upon past behavior i would look at this map as a wish list. This is the direction Tesla is headed and is planning to achieve, however, I would be surprised if they achieve 50% of the unbuilt sites that appear on this map. There are still dozens of sites on the 2015 map that will not even be started by the end of this year.

4. McHoffa

McHoffa Member

The one here in Asheville NC used to show up as 2014 on the original map. They just started construction this month.

5. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

The specific locations shown on the map aren't very trustworthy but over the past two years Tesla has rather consistently built about 100 U.S. Superchargers per year. I would expect that rate to continue, just not exactly where planned.

6. MichFin

MichFin Member

As with anything Tesla add about a year to whatever they say.

7. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

Treat as "current ambition". Anyone who _depends_ on a certain location being open had best wait until it's actually open before buying the car. Tesla _is_ currently adding at a rate of over 100 per year, so it's not as if they're not working it, but progress depends on locating sites and getting everything worked out, so sometimes they are changing priorities.

According to Tesla's map, Maine should have had 2 Superchargers in _2014_, then another in 2015. It changed to 3 in 2015. And there's no sign of anything.

8. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

That map is a goal, not a guarantee. Many of those sites will become a reality, some won't, and there will be some sites completed in that year that are not currently on that map.

9. Zythryn

Zythryn MS 70D, MX 90D

+1!

The map is 100% accurate, in that it is Tesla's goal.
    From recent history, odds look good that they won't reach that goal, but will still increase the network substantially from where it is today.