Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How accurate is the 'Estimated Delivery' on the MyTesla page?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Orderd my 85D 3 weeks ago and it had been 'In Production' for the past week with the 'Estimated Delivery' showing 10/09-10/23.
However, I checked earlier tonight and the status became 'Your Model S is in transit from the factory' and the estimated delivery range dropped to Sep 19-26! I was more than excited to see this but - how accurate is this estimate? I mean I am okay with any day within this range.. but is this range reliable? :smile:

Mine was pretty damn reliable. And I think that's the experience of most owners. However I would caveat that by mentioning all of the knowledge on the boards is pre-X. Who knows what's going on now that they are making MX's.

I'd e-mail your DS and tell him you saw the change on mytesla and ask what he's seeing on his end. They know really well how the different transit modes perform. My guy nailed the delivery date about three weeks out.

My page says August 29th - September 12th. It's the 12th and my DS still isn't sure when I'm getting my car, but I'm hoping within the next week or so. I think things are a little more logistically difficult for us east-coasters. My car has been stuck in Birmingham, apparently.

But +1 about asking DS, they seem to at least know at what end of the range you fall or how realistic it is given their real-world experience with the patterns of cross-country transit of these cars.

My page says August 29th - September 12th. It's the 12th and my DS still isn't sure when I'm getting my car, but I'm hoping within the next week or so. I think things are a little more logistically difficult for us east-coasters. My car has been stuck in Birmingham, apparently.

Kevin, do you know if yours is being delivered by truck transport or by train? I wonder if one delivery method is more difficult to predict than the other.

Mine was pretty damn reliable. And I think that's the experience of most owners. However I would caveat that by mentioning all of the knowledge on the boards is pre-X. Who knows what's going on now that they are making MX's.

I'd e-mail your DS and tell him you saw the change on mytesla and ask what he's seeing on his end. They know really well how the different transit modes perform. My guy nailed the delivery date about three weeks out.
Thanks. I have sent my DS an e-mail. I am also concerned that the Model X's will mess up the schedule a little bit.. guess we will see.

- - - Updated - - -

But +1 about asking DS, they seem to at least know at what end of the range you fall or how realistic it is given their real-world experience with the patterns of cross-country transit of these cars.
How do you know where your car is during transit? Did you DS tell you that?