TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How active is market for used Tesla parts (wheels)?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by NewCow, Feb 6, 2016.

1. NewCow

NewCow Member

I'm thinking of buying some of the TST Sportline 19" turbines, but would want to sell my 19" OEM base wheels to help offset the cost. I'm just curious, how active is the market for parts like OEM wheels? Would I have much trouble selling them, either locally (Denver) or listing on eBay/Panjo/etc? They're in great shape but used, since I just took delivery of my CPO a couple weeks ago. Tesla did tell me that the base 19" wheel alone is $300 new, fwiw.

2. JeffS

JeffS Member

Lots of people want to sell their stock wheels to get a more custom look. Not very many people looking to buy used stock wheels to go back to a stock look. Supply and demand not in your favor. But all you can do is try. Maybe you find just the right buyer and win win.

Why not keep your stock set for winter tires? That's what most of us do...

3. sorka

sorka Active Member

I just bought 4 21" dark grey wheels for $940 shipped. I'm keeping my 19" wheels for long trips where I need range.

4. Btr_ftw

Btr_ftw Court Jester

The 19s sell for about 500 to 600 a set or about 200 each if sold individually.

5. NewCow

NewCow Member

What if I include the tires (all-season, 6mm tread), sensors, and center cap?

6. JeffS

JeffS Member

Set your price. Post if up. Try. Nothing gained by a bunch of us guessing what your tires and wheels might sell for.

7. vesder21

vesder21 Member

i recently purchase a set of 4 new 19"'s (rims only) for $500 + $200 shipping.

8. cman8

cman8 Member

Thats awesome. Thats what im looking for either 19s or 21's in turbine wheels

9. asudan

asudan Member

Perhaps keep your stock wheels and put some winter tires on them?

10. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

About this time last year just after ordering my S I ordered a spare 19" wheel and tire from one place and a set of four wheels and tires from another (wheels to mount snow tires on and tires to replace what came with the car when they wear out). Both purchases for much less than retail. And both advertised here on these forums. So, yep, there is a market.

11. jimtelsa

jimtelsa Member

I painted mine. Same guy who did my calipers. Like staying stock. You have more options.
    wHXSfA0.jpg

12. cdf3

cdf3 Member

Wow. What kind did you get, and how do they look?

13. Malujerry

Malujerry Member

You might have luck in the northeast. Since roads are so bad in NYC I was informed there were lots of people who returned their 21s for 19s. Actually at the end of the year while I was still on the fence about purchase, I was given the option to keep the 21s and 19s without the extra $4500 - so naturally I made a deposit immediately on an inventory car with 21s and run the 19s now for the winter. I will run the 21s after roads are cleared and repaved for the 2-3 good months we have.