Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How are Dynamic Turning Lights supposed to work anyway?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I picked up my model S without PUP in Fremont end of September. As with other cars built around that time, it didn't have the dynamic headlights. I asked about it and they immediately offered to give me a due bill for it. I took it to the San Francisco service center for a wind noise issue on Wednesday, and asked them to change the headlights at the same time.

Today, I pick up the car. It obviously has the adaptive LED headlights, but I haven't been able to get them to turn on so far. They are enabled in the settings, but they do not light up when I turn the wheel (neither does the fog lights). Are they supposed to work while the car is on, but not moving? With or without the high beams?

SW is 2017.38.4

An easy way to observe the lights is with summons. The lights turn on when the wheel moves. You an stand in front of the car and watch.
Ummm...the turning lights won't come on until the steering wheel has moved quite a bit, like more than half a rotation. During Summon operation the car won't turn that much, in my experience.

Are you saying that when you are using Summon on your car you have seen the turning lights come on?

Tesla Three Position Dynamic LED Turning Lights.png