Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How are referral code miles calculated?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you can't see if the referral code was applied until delivery and after delivery it is impossible to correct.
Wrong- Your sales advisor has access to your Tesla account and they can see it in their screen. My Sales adviser flipped his laptop around and showed me so I could verify he typed it in correctly. I also had trouble and needed to add it after the order was placed but a couple weeks before I took delivery. If your sales adviser is a prick and refuses, wait until he is out of the store and ask another. I had two I really liked and they bent over backwards to follow up on all my requests. Good luck.

I simply meant the referral code MUST be applied to your order BEFORE delivery. However everyone, including Tesla, says it is impossible to apply a referral code after the car is delivered. I simply asked if I could possibly check to make sure the SA did what they said they would. So, it is the old "catch 22", you can't see if the referral code was applied until delivery and after delivery it is impossible to correct. One person has suggested asking my friend to see if they had gotten the 1,000 miles in their loot box. However several comments on this site suggest they too are not given until delivery.
I'm back to trusting my Tesla SA. But, I appreciate the responses, Michael
If the referral code was applied, your friend will see that a car was ordered by you in their loot box, once you take delivery, the miles are applied and both of you should see this in the loot box. It happens as soon as the paper work is complete.