Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How are the 3D MAXpider floor mats holding up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some people are saying they're not holding up:
  • lost shape within about 2-3 months. Now they just slide around the footwell. The “Velcro like bottom of them seems to have worn out.
  • Had them for my model 3. Not impressed with how they held up after 6 months.

• Disagree
Reactions: selfbp
Bought them for our Model 3 after owning a set in our Model S since 3/2017. Look just like new there and don't expect any different in the Model 3. There are dozens of Maxpider Kagu Model S and X owners here on the TMC forum that have used them for several years now and can't recall anyone saying they had a problem.

Did read some posts from people who had the Weathertech mfgrd ones saying that they didn't come clean of mud stains by just hosing down and instead needed to use the Weathertech cleaner on them. Believe this was on a Model S forum area thread -- they posted photos of their mats. Not sure if the Tesla Model 3 mats (made by Weathertech) will have the same mud issues. Come to think of it I also recall people saying the Weathertech mat edges, which are straight up and thin--not like a curved ridge like the Maxpider ones--were bending and all wavy. OP If this sounds familiar perhaps it was the Weathertech ones not the Kagu ones your friend was telling you about.

Last edited:
Who is saying this? Please share source.
Sure it's in a facebook group, I've asked the user to post pictures. He said he will if he remembers, but he doesn't have the car now.

OiFpl1W.png

FWIW here's a thread on the TMC forum of the Weathertech all-weather branded ones owners' comments on cleaning: Disappointed with Tesla's all weather mats

and here's another thread on the Model S forum about the Kagu mats. Kagu Rubber floor mats These posts go back to 2016. Someone mentioned in 2016 that Weathertech revised their mat design to combat the wavy, droopy edges of the side on their mats. Interestingly Tesla's all-weather Model 3 mats don't have anywhere near the side wall/"well" protection that the Model S mats also made by Weathertech have, let alone no dead pedal coverage at all. If you live in a snowy, muddy area or go to the moutains for skiing, winter vacations, I would seriously think about that aspect before ordering unless you like cleaning your carpeting in the winter alot. But like I said I can't recall hearing anyone on TMC say that they had problems with the Kagu mats not holding up well.

Model 3 - Model 3 All Weather Interior Mats
Model S - Model S All-Weather Interior Set
U-Ace 3D Maxpider Kagu - 3D® Custom Fit Floor & Cargo Liner | Redefine Protection

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: VQTRVA and TQCLove
I’m almost 6 months in with my Maxpider mats and other than them being dirty at the moment they’re still in fantastic shape. No noticeable wear or loss of original shape. Maybe these other people got mats from a bad batch or something? The posts from whatever Facebook group that is are probably the first I’ve heard of anything negative being said about these floor mats. They are quite literally the best all weather floor mats I’ve ever had in any car I’ve owned, period.

I’m almost 6 months in with my Maxpider mats and other than them being dirty at the moment they’re still in fantastic shape. No noticeable wear or loss of original shape. Maybe these other people got mats from a bad batch or something? The posts from whatever Facebook group that is are probably the first I’ve heard of anything negative being said about these floor mats. They are quite literally the best all weather floor mats I’ve ever had in any car I’ve owned, period.
Yeah maybe a rare bad batch.
Here’s their warranty info. I’d think they would be replaced under warranty if they lost their shape and parts of it wearing down after a few months.

3D® Custom Fit Floor & Cargo Liner | Redefine Protection
Thanks! I've notified Lee Berlin about this, so he can get them replaced (and hopefully 3d can address any issue)

I had weathertech mats in my truck and they had ok coverage except for the dead pedal. Over all they worked pretty good. One of them was supposed to cover the door sill in my truck and it would lift and then press against the door.

Overall so far I'm liking the maxpider more, they seem to stay in place great, and cover the dead pedal and the material might be better. DISCLAIMER I have only had them a week.

I was thinking to order the weathertech liners for the frunk and truck, but I think I will wait for the maxpiders.

I placed my order already with Part Catalog for the Maxpider Kagu frunk mat (December maybe?) and haven't seen anything about a custom laser cargo mat so ended up ordering the universal one. Just cut it down this weekend (started a thread on it under Model 3 Interior section since I hadn't seen anyone else mention this option). It's okay and same type of material but would have preferred a custom fit one. Didn't want to get caught in rainy season without a cargo mat though.

I've only had the MaxPider's for a week so I can't add to the durability. So far I am really really pleased, though.

I wanted the OEM Tesla mats just because they were OEM but the MaxPider's have better coverage and if you're in it for their ability to work well in nasty weather conditions, I don't see how the OEM mats would hold a candle to the MaxPider's... And the MaxPider's look just fine too...

I just wish they made a custom fit mat for the frunk and trunk... and were cheaper because they are overpriced, IMO.

Reactions: hoang51
I've only had the MaxPider's for a week so I can't add to the durability. So far I am really really pleased, though.

I wanted the OEM Tesla mats just because they were OEM but the MaxPider's have better coverage and if you're in it for their ability to work well in nasty weather conditions, I don't see how the OEM mats would hold a candle to the MaxPider's... And the MaxPider's look just fine too...

I just wish they made a custom fit mat for the frunk and trunk... and were cheaper because they are overpriced, IMO.
OEM Tesla mats are rebranded weather tech mats. It says on the bottom of the mats. Buy what cheaper

• Informative
Reactions: FlyinLow
Yeah I've only had mine in for a couple of weeks. First passenger in the car after I put them in decided it was a good idea to put his iced tea on the floor like the cup would stand up... it fell and spilled. Thanks floormats for containing it! So they passed test #1. I'm still getting used to the hardness of them compared to the carpet mats but they look great!

Guys, I talked to the guy on facebook and the issue was on his MODEL S and not model 3. He said "What difference does it make if it's on the S or the 3?" Ummm, it makes a huge difference!
Thanks for checking! It would be nice if he has pictures too. I would assume the model s & 3 have the same materials.

Based on the feedback here, it looks like the MAXpiders should hold up quite well.