Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How are the 3D MAXpider floor mats holding up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my 3D MAx floor mats in FIVE days! I ordered them Dec.2 evening, and they were on my porch on the 7th. They are phenomenal. I can't speak for longevity because I just put them in the car, BUT they have such a strong molded liner that it seems unlikely it will lose its shape. I could stand on the molded contour part for the foot well and it didn't lose it's shape at all.

Husband's M3 has the official Tesla liners and there's NO comparison at all. They feel like your typical big- box store generic floor mat.

The 3D max is superior by far in fit and floor coverage compared to Tesla's mats. It's such a snug fit I had to actually crawl down in the car floor to properly fit them in the space. The bottom adheres so well that it's reminiscent of putting down contact paper! I seriously couldn't image that surface wearing off and not holding. It took great effort to pull it back up to adjust the position.

Also some have commented on the obnoxious 3D logo and it's really not that bad. I "Sharpied" out the D so all you see is the 3!
Yes they are pricey but so was my car...

Reactions: TurboCJ
Guys, I talked to the guy on facebook and the issue was on his MODEL S and not model 3. He said "What difference does it make if it's on the S or the 3?" Ummm, it makes a huge difference!

We've had the 3D Maxpider Kagu floor mats in our Model S since 3/2017 and they look as good as when we put them in the car. Not sure what that guy does to his or even if he actually bought them and just not dissing the company's products. I've never read a complaint about the kagu mats like he said other than your posting of his comment.

hello all after looking for some floor matsz the only one are the 3d makspider I'm going to build some of the r same material.

use the same material but correct some of the issue is has . If you know this material please let me know also any Improvement tonit
Frearlt be appreciated

hello all after looking for some floor matsz the only one are the 3d makspider I'm going to build some of the r same material.

use the same material but correct some of the issue is has . If you know this material please let me know also any Improvement tonit
Frearlt be appreciated
Also working on a automation app that intergrate ads instead of a subscription model it will be free with suppuot that way we can Afford the servers and
Keep adding features .if you have suggestions please let me know . Thanks

Some people are saying they're not holding up:
  • lost shape within about 2-3 months. Now they just slide around the footwell. The “Velcro like bottom of them seems to have worn out.
  • Had them for my model 3. Not impressed with how they held up after 6 months.
Some people might be harder on mats than others, or some people might not be truthful. My mats have 10,000 miles on them and other than being dirty, are holding up just fine. Also, this is my second pair. My first pair were for in a Nissan Titan pickup and lasted 40,000 miles and still looked perfect when I traded in the truck.

Drivers side has deformed a bit and does move. I’ve had them a couple of months. The other mats don’t get any use. The driver side doesn’t sit as well as it did when new.

• Informative
Reactions: Scott7
Drivers side has deformed a bit and does move. I’ve had them a couple of months. The other mats don’t get any use. The driver side doesn’t sit as well as it did when new.

Same thing is happening to mine. It's not terrible but they do move around a bit - naturally the driver side gets a lot more use than any other mat and gets pushed around operating the pedals.

The biggest issue is the trim by the door is no longer flush. I tried some double tape with no luck (you can see the strip in the picture). I may need some stronger double tape or try reforming the mat before using the tape.

058FA18E-03CD-4ADF-9372-68C52B52D252.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Scott7
QUOTE="TT97, post: 3596385, member: 63642"]Same thing is happening to mine. It's not terrible but they do move around a bit - naturally the driver side gets a lot more use than any other mat and gets pushed around operating the pedals.

The biggest issue is the trim by the door is no longer flush. I tried some double tape with no luck (you can see the strip in the picture). I may need some stronger double tape or try reforming the mat before using the tape.

View attachment 400108[/QUOTE]
Your pic looks a lot like mine. o_O As such I can’t recommend them.

I've had the 3D MAXpiders in my Model 3 for seven months through a really messy winter and they look great and fit perfectly. I do notice that they are not the easiest floor mats to fit because they are exactly matched to the floor pan. I wonder if the issues some people are having are more related to trying to 'throw' them in the car rather than take the time to fit them.

I've had mine for over 6 months and they are in perfect shape. I clean with a pressure washer.

Same thing is happening to mine. It's not terrible but they do move around a bit - naturally the driver side gets a lot more use than any other mat and gets pushed around operating the pedals.

View attachment 400108
You should contact them. Seems like a manufacturing defect.

View attachment 400108
Are you using the stock cloth mats underneath? I took mine out before installing these mats. Holding up fine over the winter.

I was a bit concerned that one day they had a bunch of water from melted snow, then a few days later there was none. I thought it might have leaked through, but when I looked underneath there was no sign of leakage. I guess it all evaporated.