Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How are the 3D MAXpider floor mats holding up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

After reading the description of the TapTes 3D mat, it states "TapTes 3D floor mats are made of rubber.". It does not mention the multi layer construction of the 3D MAXpider Kagu mats. It appears that TapTes does sell the 3D MAXpider mats, but they will not ship them to the USA.

I've had the 3D MAXpider Kagu mats since January and they are holding up very well. I don't even notice the 3D logo emblems anymore...

I was like you guys and hated the absolutely stupid 3D maxpider logo. I did hours of research to see if I could buy anything else without the obnoxious logo. Ultimately I went with the maxpider.

Now that’s it’s installed I rarely notice or care about the logo. I just enjoy the car.

that being said those TapTes ones someone posted above look EXACTLY like the maxpider without the logo. I’m not sure if the pic matches the actual mats. If it does, and it’s the exact same as maxpider, seems like a no brainer....

I find it really hard to believe that so many people are letting a logo stop them from getting what's arguably the best set of weather mats for their car.

If it bugs you that much, you can easily pop the logo off in seconds, but you are left with two small holes.

As for how they compare to the Tesla mats, only the Tesla liners come close, but the Tesla ones don't cover as much of the dead pedal as the 3D MAXpider ones. So if your feet are wet, or have mud or snow on them, it will drip down and get your carpets dirty.

I was like you guys and hated the absolutely stupid 3D maxpider logo. I did hours of research to see if I could buy anything else without the obnoxious logo. Ultimately I went with the maxpider.

Now that’s it’s installed I rarely notice or care about the logo. I just enjoy the car.
EXACTLY!When it comes to floormats, function is key and they are the best. Even in my unboxing, install, and review video of the 3D MAXpider ones I mentioned the logo and offered some suggestions, but in the end I left the logo on and it doesn't bug me in the slightest.

Just got the Maxpiders and I love them for all of the reasons everyone else has mentioned. I only got the fronts because I don't have anyone in the back very often so the factory mat should be fine. I can't speak to durability yet. The logo isn't really noticeable to me once they're in the car unless I'm looking for them.

But, I had Weathertechs for 5 years in my Jeep and they didn't hold up well at all. They never came completely clean no matter how much scrubbing. And, another minor cosmetic issue, the logo was just a sticker and it fell off after a couple of washes. The worst part is that the sides started to get wavy after a year or two making them look awful. I also didn't like how slippery they were. The Maxpiders are just a little bit soft and have just the right amount of texture on them that I don't notice them when I'm driving. The Weathertechs did offer good protection and the looks aren't as important in a Jeep but I'll never buy Weathertech again.

The 3D logo is ugly, even if you don't notice it after a while, your passengers notice it....

The TapTes one looks great, someone should report back if the construction is the same as the Kagu's. (Kagu mats are also rubber on top)

The weathertech ones from Tesla are notorious for losing its shape after a while (search youtube for Model S videos).