TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How are they identifying those who want a base 3 as opposed to performance...

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by zambono, Mar 31, 2016.

1. zambono

zambono Member

For those who are doing reservations at the store how are they identifying those who will want a higher trim, or are they leaving that for the future?

2. engle

engle Member

I'm sure they will leave that for the future, just as was done with production Model S and Model X reservations.

• Like x 1
  3. Ubbe

Ubbe Member

I just came back from the store here in Gothenburg. You had to type in name, adress, card number (and if you wanted to get a Model S test drive) and click a button in a web form, and done.

Nothing more to it. Got a confirmation email, and I checked my bank account - the money was sent on it's way to Tesla :)

4. zambono

zambono Member

ok thanks

5. sukhi

sukhi Member

The configuration and options are for a later date when you are invited to configure your oder and submit for production.

• Helpful x 1
  6. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Member

Your reservation will determine in what order you are invited to configure. When you configure, you will be presented with different performance options and configurations. They will probably have different delivery dates based on what the factory produces first. I had an early reservation on the Model X, but have been pushed back significantly because I didn't want to order the Performance version. The good news is that means I get a more perfect car with a lot of early problems discovered and fixed before mine is produced. Same as other car makers. For example, I believe Porsche Macan customers that didn't want to pay for the higher performance versions had to wait around a year longer.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  7. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

The details of configuration and pricing will likely evolve between now and when you're invited to configure next year. If you don't like those details you can get your deposit back.

8. Darryl

Darryl ModelXTracker.com Co-Adm

When you are invited to configure, about six weeks before manufacturing starts you will design and order you zmodel 3. This won't be to the fall if they keep to current schedule. They will be asking employees and owners as of 3/31 to configure and order first.

9. mkaiser1

mkaiser1 Member

But how will they know if you're a current owner? There is no where on the reservation form to acknowledge this. And - at least here in the UK - there has been no guidance on a separate process, merely a statement that we will get priority. There was no early access.

10. zambono

zambono Member

When you login to myTesla they know the vehicles that you have, that should make the sorting process easier and configuration will be via the myTesla site

11. Roamer

Roamer Member

Use the same email as your "MyTesla" page and it will show up in your online garage as a reservation.