Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How are they identifying those who want a base 3 as opposed to performance...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just came back from the store here in Gothenburg. You had to type in name, adress, card number (and if you wanted to get a Model S test drive) and click a button in a web form, and done.

Nothing more to it. Got a confirmation email, and I checked my bank account - the money was sent on it's way to Tesla :)

Your reservation will determine in what order you are invited to configure. When you configure, you will be presented with different performance options and configurations. They will probably have different delivery dates based on what the factory produces first. I had an early reservation on the Model X, but have been pushed back significantly because I didn't want to order the Performance version. The good news is that means I get a more perfect car with a lot of early problems discovered and fixed before mine is produced. Same as other car makers. For example, I believe Porsche Macan customers that didn't want to pay for the higher performance versions had to wait around a year longer.

When you are invited to configure, about six weeks before manufacturing starts you will design and order you zmodel 3. This won't be to the fall if they keep to current schedule. They will be asking employees and owners as of 3/31 to configure and order first.

When you are invited to configure, about six weeks before manufacturing starts you will design and order you zmodel 3. This won't be to the fall if they keep to current schedule. They will be asking employees and owners as of 3/31 to configure and order first.

But how will they know if you're a current owner? There is no where on the reservation form to acknowledge this. And - at least here in the UK - there has been no guidance on a separate process, merely a statement that we will get priority. There was no early access.

But how will they know if you're a current owner? There is no where on the reservation form to acknowledge this. And - at least here in the UK - there has been no guidance on a separate process, merely a statement that we will get priority. There was no early access.
Use the same email as your "MyTesla" page and it will show up in your online garage as a reservation.

Reports are that new reservation get a really shift delivery time. This means that at least in the USA, most people waiting are not interested in either or both the long range battery or premium upgrade. Or, they are at least waiting to see what they lose when they save the 5K for premium.