Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How are you coping with the wait for delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am losing my mind. I'm impatient and unforgiving of myself when I make silly mistakes. This Tesla experience and my flaws are causing permanent damage.

Short term can't sleep. I stay up absorbing all tesla related content while wracking my brain to find a solution. Unnecessarily bothering the crap out of everyone I feel can help.

Long term one of my life's few regrets for delaying order for 2 business days. Wish I could take that back.

Can someone post a pic of the misalignment issue referred to above? I'd like to know what to look out for as I'm picking my car up next week.
Should be pretty obvious if you have an issue when you pick up your car. They are referring to the chrome trim around the windows. Issues are usually alignment with the pieces between the front and rear doors and piece at rear doors and the small window behind the door.

I write my DS abusive emails.

(No, not really- the delivery process has been painful and the communication from Tesla spotty at times but my DS has been very helpful when ever I actually managed to talk to him.)
Dynastar...I force myself to abstain from calling OA and DS as I feel they are genuinely trying to help me. It's hard to resist nagging them.

An S with a chrome misalignment issue????

Yep, take a look below! Passenger side is good, driver side not so much!

IMG_1310.JPG IMG_1309.JPG

Coping much better now that I took delivery today. The waiting was stressful, not knowing if i'd really get it before end of year. Then it suddenly went into production last weekend with delivery this week in Arizona. Now I'm looking for any excuse to drive it :).

I have been waiting for my MX 90 since July 2016 but I wanted a 2017 model and was scheduled for delivery in January - early February 2017 but all of a sudden I received a call from Tesla head quarters if I wanted my delivery in the first or second week delivery directly to my home address , a 2017 VIN and manufacture date and also I can get my tax credit this year only if I pay them in this year.This looked a pretty good deal to me and no more waiting, what do you guys think.

I have been waiting for my MX 90 since July 2016 but I wanted a 2017 model and was scheduled for delivery in January - early February 2017 but all of a sudden I received a call from Tesla head quarters if I wanted my delivery in the first or second week delivery directly to my home address , a 2017 VIN and manufacture date and also I can get my tax credit this year only if I pay them in this year.This looked a pretty good deal to me and no more waiting, what do you guys think.

I'm confident that your VIN will be 2016.

I got the same call for a Model S.
Everything sounds great.
I think I'm going to do it.

Anyone see any potential issues?

If I go for it I'm hoping that we are not having Lake effect snow. In other words crappy weather for delivery.
Who knows what's going to happen with tax credits in the future.
What about the nosey neighbors?
Did they say anything to you about prepping or detailing?
Personalized guided Walk-through of features?

For those of us in taiwan who hopefully will receive the first batch of teslas in January, we have opened a line group (kind of like WhatsApp) to share info (or suffering). We also have an in person gathering tonight, thanks to the organization from a tesla lover who had imported the first model x himself.