Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How are you hanging your UMC charging cable? Post it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if this real or photoshopped? Pretty cool.
Real. Unfortunately I don't have a full garage to park my car in and my driveway is narrow. Also, I park behind my wife since I leave first every morning. I installed a 240v outlet, outside of my garage and have a nema 15-40 (25') extension cord going down the side of my driveway. I have a few bushes on the side, so i used them to hold my cord. (I am truly green)

20190921_180657.jpg

I had it easy. The laundry room is on the other side of the wall, and we use a gas dryer so there was an unused 30A circuit about three feet from where the charger is plugged in. Pull the dryer, install a junction box in the wall and extend the circuit through the garage wall.

The 10-30 outlet has "Top" marked on it, but I rotated it so the transformer doesn't hang upside down. I laser engraved the Tesla logo on the cover plate. I back the car in so it's an easy connection.
Yeah, it's a mess, but my shop constantly looks like a grenade went off in there. what does that say about me?

IMG_20191008_132639.jpg

2F72EBDB-DC52-424F-B672-FC8819F4FA17.jpeg

We had the guys who installed the solar (that’s the corner of our inverter with the “warning” label) also install a 14-50 for us. It’s all right by the charge port on the car, so we only need about 3 feet of cable. So the bulk of the cable sits coiled up with our assorted extension cords. And we tuck the handle into a convenient bend of conduit.

This is not available in the online Tesla store.

Not actually hanging, just coiled on the top of a plastic shelving unit. When not plugged in, the charging connector fits nicely into the opening in the top of the corner post, like a holster. One benefit of this setup is that the weight of the UMC and cord is fully supported by the shelf, rather than hanging off of the 14-50 receptacle.

LN9MXwW.jpg