TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How are you keeping your MX Exterior clean this winter(car wash?)

Discussion in 'Model X' started by vv132, Jan 15, 2017.

1. vv132

vv132 Member

Hey so ideally we would all probably Hand Wash/Foam Cannon our Model X's ourselves in the driveway, but being that its winter its less likely to happen. How are you guys keeping your car clean? Regular Car wash? Hand Wash place only? Cant determine where to take the car.

Do you have to keep the spoiler down?

Been relying on the SC washes as had to take it there 5 times already since May.

Thanks

2. Jmedlin

Jmedlin Member

I live in California. Foam cannon works well with products from the chemical guys. I do touchless.

In my opinion, anytime you drive through a wash that is not touchless is when you're damaging your car.

3. mohanman

mohanman Member

I live in Michigan. Horrible roads, lots of salt. I just finished using WashWaxAll and tons of microfiber towels. I think I did a good job, no scratches. WashWax works great, but it smells horrible. I first sprayed down the car with some water, using a squirt bottle, tried to rinse off as much salt and dirt as I could, then used the spray wash wax stuff, then dried with a microfiber towel.

4. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

Skipping the wash..what's the point when it rains almost daily :p

5. trmmcd

trmmcd Member

Just used a truly touchless car wash. It worked well and I can't see how any harm could come to the car. The spoiler was up but I did turn in the mirrors as was suggested by the car wash. Very happy with the outcome.

6. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Member

I use a touchless car wash at least weekly to remove salt and grime. Periodically I use a full service car wash and pay for a hand wash.

7. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

I'm in California and never do a car wash always wash by hand just did that Friday even though the temp was around 40f. Cannot stand to drive a dirty car.

8. mohanman

mohanman Member

It's 40 in California? Man almost same temp in Michigan . Must be due to global warming.. Michigan will be the new Florida some day soon

9. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Yes, we have had some unusually cold weather this winter and lots of rain which we are happy about. Today the high is supposed to be around 55.