Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How are you liking update 2021.44.25.2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like it better than the previous UI. I use voice commands for almost everything when driving so location of things I don't need while driving, like tire pressure, isn't important. Really, it's just muscle memory, should only take a couple of days to adjust to it. I like the placement of the speed display, I can see it with my peripheral vision without taking my eyes off the road. I like the blind spot camera addition.

Bugs I have found so far:
-- it no longer recognizes my Sandisk 1 tb micro SD card I have been using for dashcam video, won't format it either, card checks out fine in a computer. Should get fixed in an update.
-- car won't play the holiday dance thing, just rolls down the windows and then kicks back to the previous screen. I wonder if that has something to do with the fact that mine is an 06/2020 model without an external speaker.

Two steps forward, one step back. Minor things have gone missing, like being able to see supercharger stops during a route. The quick controls on the other hand seem better. The customizable "app" menu is nice but the icons remind me of a shitty android phone. We got a couple great improvements like blind spot camera (though I haven't learned it/found it useful yet), subwoofer control, and waypoints.

IMO the software, especially route planning is severely deficient but improving.

Reactions: LindyLoo
I thought so too, i just tried it yesterday. You might have to have a destination in the display for it to show i think.
It seems that button is just gone, but I just found you can get the same overlay via the new …>add a stop>charging menu. IMO still a bad UI change since this is something I do while driving to select which stop to make (based on food or SC kw).

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer and KJD
I like the blind spot camera (although being higher up on the screen would be better) and the Light Show is fun. Other than that the update has made some features less accessible. Take heated seats for one. Yes you can turn them on w/voice commands but only on high, a setting I rarely use.
Seat heat is still easy, just touch the temp and set level.

Reactions: laservet
I like the blind spot camera (although being higher up on the screen would be better) and the Light Show is fun. Other than that the update has made some features less accessible. Take heated seats for one. Yes you can turn them on w/voice commands but only on high, a setting I rarely use.
My thoughts exactly on blind spot camera. If my right hand is on the wheel, my arm blocks the video.
Also don't love that adjusting the temperature is the only way to pull up the quick adjustment menu, and tapping the temperature set number pulls up the full climate menu.
Wish there were more slots for creating a custom menu bar. Also wish the driver profile selection was still on the main screen instead of in a menu.
Lastly, would love if Spotify would remember where you left off if you change audio inputs...but I don't think that's an issue unique to this release.
Overall, the blind spot camera is a very nice touch and my favorite part of the new UI. It will get better with new iterations I'm sure...I hope.

Reactions: 73Bruin and Kenn014
My thoughts exactly on blind spot camera. If my right hand is on the wheel, my arm blocks the video.
Also don't love that adjusting the temperature is the only way to pull up the quick adjustment menu, and tapping the temperature set number pulls up the full climate menu.
Wish there were more slots for creating a custom menu bar. Also wish the driver profile selection was still on the main screen instead of in a menu.
Lastly, would love if Spotify would remember where you left off if you change audio inputs...but I don't think that's an issue unique to this release.
Overall, the blind spot camera is a very nice touch and my favorite part of the new UI. It will get better with new iterations I'm sure...I hope.
I agree with the blind spot camara as well. Wished there was a delay before turning off so that I have time to move my arm.

Overall, nice update. I think one more a well thought of.. reorg of the icons would be nice.

Anyone know where to view files on the USB drive? I can save recording and turn on/off sentry under controls but can't seem to find where to view the files.