Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How are you liking update 2021.44.25.2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No that’s gone. It is now satellite, traffic, businesses
1095BFC1-F071-4EE4-80B6-F08717354D3A.jpeg

RHD screen.

The "businesses" button makes superchargers show up. I did this today and could see them as I drove by with the number of stalls available etc, just like before.
Thats a different thing. I'm talking about while you have a route, to see chargers along your route. This used to be the button that the POI button now occupies. I did manage to get it by going to ... > add stop > charging. The feature has gotten a little more buried but not any better. It does need improvement. Choosing your own SC stop doesn't mix well with planning a muilti-charge route because it throws off or cancels out the planning from then on. This is really important if you want to pick your stop so you can have a lunch at a particular time or restaurant (chick-fil-a!), or to get a 250kw station vs a 150. To do this manually I spent a TON of time browsing around the map, clearing nav, re-entering a SC or my destination, waiting for it to load etc.

I'm hoping in the future there is a way to swap or choose SC stops more fluidly while keeping full-route nav.

Last edited:
Reactions: PecuniaNonOlet
I agree with the blind spot camara as well. Wished there was a delay before turning off so that I have time to move my arm.

Overall, nice update. I think one more a well thought of.. reorg of the icons would be nice.

Anyone know where to view files on the USB drive? I can save recording and turn on/off sentry under controls but can't seem to find where to view the files.
Video files are in the Dashcam, and viewable by touching the three lines/list icon in the upper left corner.

Reactions: Kenn014
I erred in installing it while away from home on our Christmas vacation. Needless to say my learning curve was exasperated by having to learn the new UI while driving at freeway speeds. That’s on me. But aside from it being BUGGY as hell (at least in my 2020 LR AWD) we spent 20 minutes blasting along I-64 in heavy rush hour traffic in rain with a DEAD screen.

I’m mixed on the new UI. Something’s are better/useful, others, less so.
This seems like the 3rd time they have moved the speed the speed readout, looking for the perfect spot. I wish Elon would just give in and allow for a heads up display. It would make for easier and safer driving.

I find the new layout easier to navigate, but mostly I'm happy because they addressed my biggest peeve and moved the Homelink button to the lower left of the screen where it should have been all along.

And I don't think this is in the release notes but it seems the auto wiper is working much better since the update.

I have blind spot cameras and blind spot chime enabled. When I signal to change lanes, the camera comes up, but no chime when there is a car occupying the adjacent lane. Does the chime only sound when I actually steer into the occupied lane? I didn't want to test this theory and piss off the driver next to me. The chime would be most useful if it sounded when I signal and the lane is occupied.

This new ui is trash.
The previous ui was an elegant, smart and intuitive design that was set up with driver/car oriented controls first. It was genius and sold the car to anyone that touched it.
This new thing is a hodge-podge of crap that has replaced direct control and selection of the the things that matter.
I picked up a co-worker the other day, who’d never been in a Tesla, sits down says NICE and selects a heated seat setting for themself. Perfect.
Now a passenger would never even know the car has heated seats. Or how to turn them on. STUPID.

My wife drops me off at the airport every week, I drive down, she drives back. It was very nice and intuitive to have the driver profile right there in plain view to select when we swap. Why the heck would you want to hide that now?
Had it right the first time…..Get in the car see a profile and change if needed. That’s genius.
You should never have to look and dig or have to remember where such a basic driver oriented setting is now HIDDEN.
Defroster sb one touch away in any car.
Why did some dweeb change the screen layout in the car we all knew and loved. Stop acting like this is OK.
Why would toys and games that you can’t even use while driving replace things we had direct access to?
Nothing is wrong with improvements and additions etc, but don’t change things and not have the option to keep what people liked.

Hey Tesla, what’s you had was awesome. Why change it, and make it crap?

Last edited:
I found that … swipe menu card thing to be a bit of a weird UX. Kind of finicky to swipe between the cards. I think I actually prefer the new UI where the trip and tire data is 2 taps away.
I was having a number of display issues with things not working that had worked from my initial delivery last December to September that I finally setup a service call for early next month. Now I am wondering if the problems weren't really just buggy updates leading up to this change. For example, the swipe from the bottom of the display to bring up the trip menu stopped working for a while and I could only use the voice command to display the card. What happened was the overhead lane display shrank and spun the car and lanes around (WTF and why would anyone want this). Meanwhile the swipe to bring up the Tire Pressure still worked. Then earlier this month, the trip display started working again, if involked from the place where the tire pressure swipe started.

After a few days of driving, I am starting to get used to the overall layout. The old UI was better but this isn't as terrible as it initially seemed. At least the most important functions (climate, wipers, etc.) are near the bottom corner instead of across the other side of the display.