Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How are you liking update 2021.44.25.2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the blind spot camera (although being higher up on the screen would be better) and the Light Show is fun. Other than that the update has made some features less accessible. Take heated seats for one. Yes you can turn them on w/voice commands but only on high, a setting I rarely use.
Voice command: “1 strip of bacon” will put on low and “2 strips of bacon” for medium.

• Informative
Reactions: PecuniaNonOlet
I find the new layout easier to navigate, but mostly I'm happy because they addressed my biggest peeve and moved the Homelink button to the lower left of the screen where it should have been all along.

And I don't think this is in the release notes but it seems the auto wiper is working much better since the update.
Yes, it was quite annoying previously, where the homelink overlay would obscure part of the backup cam. When I closed the garage door, there was a 50/50 chance the homelink overlay would correctly disappear. Sometimes it remained, and blocked part of my view, so I would have to tap the homelink icon to dismiss it. The new UI with homelink is so much better... Especially since it now shows both doors on the UI by default.

Auto wipers don't seem any better for me tho... I tried it today, and still had to resort to manual speed settings.

I'm not sure if it's new for this release, but I'm loving how if you push the headlight stalk forward, it brings up the headlight quick settings on the display, so I can manually turn on the lights... Previously when Auto failed to turn on headlights in certain conditions, it was a pain to try to navigate the controls on the display to manually turn on the lights.. I always knew about the wiper quick settings when you push the button, but didn't know the headlights do that too if you push the stalk.

Welp, that was fast. I have mine set on Advanced software updates and over the holidays did 2021.44.25.2. A few days later 2021.44.25.6 came along which I installed and now today I was offered 2021.44.30. I'll probably do it in a little bit. I didn't notice anything groundbreaking with 25.6. I am tempering my expectations for .30. I am still very unimpressed and annoyed with the speed compensation volume on the sound system which never existed on the older software/UI (v10).

Not liking it. More clicks for most things. Blind spot monitor in a poorly visible area.

Why does neither this version or the last allow one to see tire pressure on constantly? Really miss this from my model S. Sucks having to find out you got a nail in the tire - when I could have seen the drop in pressure much earlier. Happened 2x in less than 2,000 miles.

Spent a week with it now and honestly have to day it’s visually more modern but less functional.

What I’ve noticed:

-Defrost…used to be icons next to the pass temp. Now 2 step. We live in northern 45th parallel. Defrost is a staple 1/3 the year.
-Heated seats…super easy for both driver and passenger. Now 2 step. Rear seat back front seat. Now a 3 step process as rears are separated from front.
-Supercharges one can hit the charger button after hitting navigate. Again 2 step. Cannot visualize while in navigation.
-Displaying % or miles remaining after a trip is now gone from the bottom of the Navi instructions. % remaining and % if returning to same spot. Totally gone.
-Music window…can no longer do half window. All or minimal. I do like seeing the next songs arranged nicely though.

All in all it’s more time touching the screen and as time eyes on the road. Not sure whose writing this code. Not testing it real world.

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm going to ask anyway - How the hell do I use seat heaters without the heat being on?? DIdn't Tesla recommend this at some point even? Infuriating

Welp, that was fast. I have mine set on Advanced software updates and over the holidays did 2021.44.25.2. A few days later 2021.44.25.6 came along which I installed and now today I was offered 2021.44.30. I'll probably do it in a little bit. I didn't notice anything groundbreaking with 25.6. I am tempering my expectations for .30. I am still very unimpressed and annoyed with the speed compensation volume on the sound system which never existed on the older software/UI (v10).
Keep tempering those expectations, I got 2021.44.30 last night -- no changes.

Bring up the Climate controls and just tap the desired seat icon to toggle between High-Med-Low-Off heating. Don't use the Auto setting next to it.
Simply bringing up the climate controls turns the heat (or AC) on. You used to be able to turn the seats on independently of everything else. It's unclear to me if turning the seat on and then long pressing the temperature or the "off" button to turn off the heat also turns off the seats.

I suppose you could still turn the seats on independently of everything else with the app but that's a silly way to have to do it.

-Music window…can no longer do half window. All or minimal. I do like seeing the next songs arranged nicely though.
I think they made the gestures more sensitive/non-intuitive. At first I thought the same thing about the minimal one being gone... It took me like 4 tries, but if you drag the size smaller, you have to go really slow, and stop at the right spot, then you can get the same sizes as previously. I think also tapping on the media icon and tapping on the layout button are slightly different. It seems the layout button stops at all the sizes, but the media icon only stops on full and whatever sized you dragged the thing to, so either half or minimum.

So here’s something I just discovered…get this…

If one is dialing out or on the phone and goto the numbers area…and you execute a turn, the blind spot camera is actually more in the middle where it makes sense!

Note: km speed at top not miles LOL

Wtf were they smoking when they designed this?

Attachments

• 3A47B126-78F7-4881-8E7A-D86AFD3B0C5C.jpeg
    3A47B126-78F7-4881-8E7A-D86AFD3B0C5C.jpeg
    395.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 935C6B89-26EC-4EA4-96C7-7F8AE1B5953D.jpeg
    935C6B89-26EC-4EA4-96C7-7F8AE1B5953D.jpeg
    344.2 KB · Views: 53
So here’s something I just discovered…get this…

If one is dialing out or on the phone and goto the numbers area…and you execute a turn, the blind spot camera is actually more in the middle where it makes sense!

Note: km speed at top not miles LOL

Wtf were they smoking when they designed this?
LOL and the UI still manages to cut off the top of the phone keypad.

Reactions: Destiny1701