TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How are you playing earnings?

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Nb1277, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Nb1277

Nb1277 Member

Title says it all

2. ggr

ggr Expert in Dunning-Kruger Effect!

Buy and hold.

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  3. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Active Member

If it drops to 280 before ER I'll buy more, otherwise I'll wait and hope for a short lived drop after.

4. TheTalkingMule

TheTalkingMule Distributed Energy Enthusiast

If it nears $250 at any point I'll sell half my shares and lever up with 2020 LEAPs.

• Like x 1
  5. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

This. I added a bit near $250 but am at my comfortable limit for holding an individual stock.

6. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Gingerly.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  7. defc0n

defc0n Active Member

Way too scared to own TSLA until after the announcement of a quarterly record setting loss ;)

8. jeewee3000

jeewee3000 Member

I'm keeping some dry powder aside (though yesterday I was very tempted to pull the trigger at $277) for after ER.

My current holdings I am holding through ER in either case. If the stock price drops after ER, I'm adding with my dry powder. If the stock price increases, I'm holding on to my cash for a later dip.

I'm comfortable with slight FOMO for my cash position, given that a rise will give my portfolio a nice boost. Let us say my FOMO is larger regarding buying a dip to let's say $250.

• Like x 2
  9. bdy0627

bdy0627 Active Member

I don't plan to trade regarding ER specifically but I definitely will respond to share price movement up to and after it. At the price level we are at, I believe the risk of a big (15%+) downward movement is much lower than a huge upward one over the next 6 weeks. With the stock in the $280s, I don't fear the ER. If we were at $320+, I would feel differently.

• Like x 2
  10. schonelucht

schonelucht Active Member

Ready to add after the drop.

11. ASUComputerGuy

ASUComputerGuy Supporting Member

Limit buy set for $260 or will buy the morning of May 3rd. I hope its up, up, and away after this. Only time will tell.

12. Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill Active Member

I have some remaining powder in case it drops after earnings, but really my strategy is simply to hold until it goes above 350. And then consider reducing my position.

• Like x 1
  13. Johann Koeber

Johann Koeber Active Member

Holding on to common.
    Selling options because the premiums are so high. Delta 10. Put and Call.

14. kingjamez

kingjamez Member

LEAPS... maybe some call options after the earnings call.

15. ShortSeller

ShortSeller Banned

I’ll be loading up on puts between Monday and Tuesday. I believe there is a high likelihood the Q1 loss is more than $1B and Moody’s will issue another downgrade.

16. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

I'll play this earnings report the same as always, by selling OTM short-term covered calls. The next day when the value crashes, I buy them back. The stock just doesn't explode upward after earnings reports like in 2013, and that is especially unlikely for this earnings report.