TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How are you playing earnings?

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Nb1277, Apr 26, 2018.

  1. Nb1277

    Nb1277 Member

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2016
    Messages:
    103
    Location:
    Massachusetts
    Title says it all
     
  2. ggr

    ggr Expert in Dunning-Kruger Effect!

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2011
    Messages:
    5,489
    Location:
    San Diego, CA
    Buy and hold.
     
    • Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  3. rdalcanto

    rdalcanto Active Member

    Joined:
    May 8, 2013
    Messages:
    1,222
    Location:
    Salt Lake City
    If it drops to 280 before ER I'll buy more, otherwise I'll wait and hope for a short lived drop after.
     
  4. TheTalkingMule

    TheTalkingMule Distributed Energy Enthusiast

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2012
    Messages:
    3,035
    Location:
    Philadelphia, PA
    If it nears $250 at any point I'll sell half my shares and lever up with 2020 LEAPs.
     
    • Like x 1
  5. Zaxxon

    Zaxxon Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2012
    Messages:
    3,761
    Location:
    Colorado
    This. I added a bit near $250 but am at my comfortable limit for holding an individual stock.
     
  6. TaoJones

    TaoJones Beyond Driven

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2014
    Messages:
    3,078
    Location:
    The Americas
    Gingerly.
     
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  7. defc0n

    defc0n Active Member

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2016
    Messages:
    1,119
    Location:
    Indiana
    Way too scared to own TSLA until after the announcement of a quarterly record setting loss ;)
     
  8. jeewee3000

    jeewee3000 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2015
    Messages:
    517
    Location:
    Belgium
    I'm keeping some dry powder aside (though yesterday I was very tempted to pull the trigger at $277) for after ER.

    My current holdings I am holding through ER in either case. If the stock price drops after ER, I'm adding with my dry powder. If the stock price increases, I'm holding on to my cash for a later dip.

    I'm comfortable with slight FOMO for my cash position, given that a rise will give my portfolio a nice boost. Let us say my FOMO is larger regarding buying a dip to let's say $250.
     
    • Like x 2
  9. bdy0627

    bdy0627 Active Member

    Joined:
    May 19, 2015
    Messages:
    3,487
    Location:
    Appleton, WI
    I don't plan to trade regarding ER specifically but I definitely will respond to share price movement up to and after it. At the price level we are at, I believe the risk of a big (15%+) downward movement is much lower than a huge upward one over the next 6 weeks. With the stock in the $280s, I don't fear the ER. If we were at $320+, I would feel differently.
     
    • Like x 2
  10. schonelucht

    schonelucht Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2014
    Messages:
    4,963
    Location:
    Nederland
    Ready to add after the drop.
     
  11. ASUComputerGuy

    ASUComputerGuy Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2016
    Messages:
    74
    Location:
    Raleigh, NC
    Limit buy set for $260 or will buy the morning of May 3rd. I hope its up, up, and away after this. Only time will tell.
     
  12. Yggdrasill

    Yggdrasill Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 29, 2012
    Messages:
    4,108
    Location:
    Kongsberg, Norway
    I have some remaining powder in case it drops after earnings, but really my strategy is simply to hold until it goes above 350. And then consider reducing my position.
     
    • Like x 1
  13. Johann Koeber

    Johann Koeber Active Member

    Joined:
    May 1, 2012
    Messages:
    1,093
    Location:
    Schweinfurt, Germany
    Holding on to common.
    Selling options because the premiums are so high. Delta 10. Put and Call.
     
  14. kingjamez

    kingjamez Member

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2017
    Messages:
    367
    Location:
    Fairfax, VA
    LEAPS... maybe some call options after the earnings call.
     
  15. ShortSeller

    ShortSeller Banned

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2018
    Messages:
    197
    Location:
    California
    I’ll be loading up on puts between Monday and Tuesday. I believe there is a high likelihood the Q1 loss is more than $1B and Moody’s will issue another downgrade.
     
  16. emupilot

    emupilot Active Member

    Joined:
    May 23, 2013
    Messages:
    1,415
    Location:
    Northern California
    I'll play this earnings report the same as always, by selling OTM short-term covered calls. The next day when the value crashes, I buy them back. The stock just doesn't explode upward after earnings reports like in 2013, and that is especially unlikely for this earnings report.
     

Share This Page

  • About Us

    Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.
  • Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.


    SUPPORT TMC