Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How are you playing earnings?

jeewee3000

Sep 1, 2015
Belgium
I'm keeping some dry powder aside (though yesterday I was very tempted to pull the trigger at $277) for after ER.

My current holdings I am holding through ER in either case. If the stock price drops after ER, I'm adding with my dry powder. If the stock price increases, I'm holding on to my cash for a later dip.

I'm comfortable with slight FOMO for my cash position, given that a rise will give my portfolio a nice boost. Let us say my FOMO is larger regarding buying a dip to let's say $250.

bdy0627

May 19, 2015
Appleton, WI
I don't plan to trade regarding ER specifically but I definitely will respond to share price movement up to and after it. At the price level we are at, I believe the risk of a big (15%+) downward movement is much lower than a huge upward one over the next 6 weeks. With the stock in the $280s, I don't fear the ER. If we were at $320+, I would feel differently.

Reactions: elasalle and gavine

ShortSeller

Apr 27, 2018
California
I’ll be loading up on puts between Monday and Tuesday. I believe there is a high likelihood the Q1 loss is more than $1B and Moody’s will issue another downgrade.

emupilot

May 23, 2013
Northern California
I'll play this earnings report the same as always, by selling OTM short-term covered calls. The next day when the value crashes, I buy them back. The stock just doesn't explode upward after earnings reports like in 2013, and that is especially unlikely for this earnings report.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC