Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How are you protecting the back of those seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a few weeks away from receiving my Model X and I just want to know how everyone else is protecting those shiny backs of the seats?

Protective wraps, seat cover or nude?

I've got 3 kids so they're going to cop a beating.

Restraining my kids legs are obviously not an option. Or maybe ...

You're not alone - I have three kids as well (white seats on the X). I went to Tint A Car and they can put SunTek? clear film on the back of the seats.

Unfortunately the X was delivered with a few tears in the fabric of the seats so I have to wait 8 weeks until the seats are replaced - so no point in getting the backs covered until then.

Kids have been warned about being careful with their feet in the interim - for all the good that does.

• Informative
Reactions: Tozla
My Model X was delivered about 6 weeks ago and before I drove it I had the backs of the gloss black seats covered in clearplex film along with the entire painted surfaces of the exterior. One of my boys scratched the film on the back of the seat in front of him on the very first outing. I consider the film relatively cheap insurance and I get any new car completely wrapped before it gets driven.

My Model S is 2 yrs old now and every panel has a mark in the film where the wife or kids has dragged something against the car. If the film wasn't there the paint would have been damaged permanently in a few places.

The film also keeps the paint protected from the ravages of the local hand car wash.

• Informative
Reactions: Tozla