Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How are you supposed to handle territorial supercharger users

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just left the concord, ca supercharger with my model 3. When I got there, it was almost full, I pulled into a spot a a guy in a black mode s got upset. He poured his coffee on my rear wheel and spat on my door handle.
Wtf?! What am I supposed to do?

These stories (if true) are becoming more common at crowded superchargers. The most inconvenience you did to his charging by plugging into that paired stall is reduce his charge rate to ~90kw if he was pulling the full 115-118kw at that moment.

Did you do/say anything about it?

These stories (if true) are becoming more common at crowded superchargers. The most inconvenience you did to his charging by plugging into that paired stall is reduce his charge rate to ~90kw if he was pulling the full 115-118kw at that moment.

Did you do/say anything about it?
He did this as I was turning the corner and he sped off. He clearly didn’t need the charge and probably wasn’t even effected by me plugging in. I was showing two people interested in the car how supercharging works. That followed by a “5 minute hold” turning into a hour and we are sick of waiting, didn’t leave them with a good impression of Tesla.

This is why I advocating for more and more non-highway rest stop superchargers be converted to urban chargers. It saves Tesla money and everyone gets the exact same charge no matter who is plugged in next to them.

*edit* I figure if a supercharger is filled to 80%, 80% of the day then few cars are getting supersharging speed. most are getting 90 kw or less. 72kw guaranteed is a better bet than you might get 90 but most likely get 30-50kw. The difference in time between 72kw and 90kw is about 5 minutes.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: jaguar36