Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How are your Ultra White Seats looking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my first ever post on a forum! My Model X configuration will be confirmed tomorrow and I was hoping to hear how the early X recipients have felt about the Ultra White Seats. What has your experience with them been, how are they to clean, do you have kids-I have a few, and would you choose them again?

Cheers!

They seem to hold up quite well (so far). I also have kids and was worried about this. The seats wipe up nicely with a soft damp rag and I haven't had any issues so far. If I had to make the decision again, I would keep the Ultra White. However, the biggest question is how these will weather over time...but, wow are these seats comfortable! I'll be sure to post any updates of interior issues if I have any. One nice thing is the accessibility for the LATCH connectors has been made very easy with a flap that just lifts up to access the connectors. On that note, I have found the need for a seatbelt extender for the kids booster seats (available on Amazon) and did purchase Brica seat protectors for the shiny black seat backs.

They seem to hold up quite well (so far). I also have kids and was worried about this. The seats wipe up nicely with a soft damp rag and I haven't had any issues so far. If I had to make the decision again, I would keep the Ultra White. However, the biggest question is how these will weather over time...but, wow are these seats comfortable! I'll be sure to post any updates of interior issues if I have any. One nice thing is the accessibility for the LATCH connectors has been made very easy with a flap that just lifts up to access the connectors. On that note, I have found the need for a seatbelt extender for the kids booster seats (available on Amazon) and did purchase Brica seat protectors for the shiny black seat backs.

Thanks. Please post links to both if you don't mind. I have kids and went with tan seats but have been thinking of having Xpel put on the seat backs.

I was like you, weary of getting white seats. I ended up posting and asking about them (I believe it's somewhere in the "Configurations Have Started" thread).I have 3 girls, 12, 10, and 6. Overall feedback from people who have had white seats, also with kids, said it's easy to keep clean and they really like it. The MX seats are supposed to have a stain resistant protection on them. I'm hoping to get my MX soon. Hopefully after all the snow has melted. My husband got Weather Tech mats for his Model S and as soon as they're available for the Model X, I will too.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the link for the post on the white seats. It starts on the bottom. Production X Configuration Has Begun! - Page 43

Just completed a weekend road trip from Seattle to Portland and back. Have two kids, 7 and 11. They were in the second and third row and we have the Ultra white interior and black headliner. They ate in the car and were generally messy kids on the trip. The seats look just like new after vacuuming up the food crumbs. They even ate Goldfish and I thought they might stain the white parts of the seatbelt assembly (The hinge in the 3rd row where the seatbelt receiver connects to the seatbelt) and seats slightly orange/yellow, but no problem! The seats and door arm rest material seem to wipe up clean very easily so far.

My wife usually wears blue jeans so we'll report back. No sign of it yet but we have only had the car a week! It takes awhile for the transfer to show up but we have good conditions for it to happen in the Northwest (rain, humidity). We have the Signature White interior for our Model S and those seats definitely show blue jean color transfer. We haven't bothered to get those cleaned yet. I think our detailed should be able to get them out.

If you or another owner spends some time in the seats with blue jeans I would like to hear opinions. I fear ink transfer on those beautiful seats more than I worry about food/drink stains.

I read a comment on reddit from a purported detailer who said they've already had a few ultra white equipped cars come in for jean dye transfer. I still ordered UW, as I wasn't terribly sure of the individual's claims. But it will be interesting to hear what people say. I heard the same concern (here on TMC) about my MS grey leather and have had no issues, even with some raw denim.

I read a comment on reddit from a purported detailer who said they've already had a few ultra white equipped cars come in for jean dye transfer. I still ordered UW, as I wasn't terribly sure of the individual's claims. But it will be interesting to hear what people say. I heard the same concern (here on TMC) about my MS grey leather and have had no issues, even with some raw denim.

I'd be interested too. More importantly, how the white on the doors hold up? That location seems perfect for a kid in a car seat to kick or rub hands on.

Hi ;)

I love the look of the white seats but I know it's not very practical. Over a few years, hundreds and hundreds of "butt" time hours with clothing will discolor the seats without a doubt. The problem with "butt" time is pressure and heat are working constantly against the seats surface.

I think UW looks incredibly awesome...from the side; however, from the front it looks like people are sitting in the car even when empty, and when people ARE in the seats, the people seem to stand out a little too much for my taste.

I also love the idea of saving 3-4 cows by going vegan on seats, I think that's an important transition, but we need some dark vegan options in future configurations. I'm not attached to leather in and of itself, but I like darker interiors and sturdy, proven materials where it counts.

I'd truly love to get the scoop on the UW supplier talks, and why only UW, what does the supplier really know about the material lifespan, dye transfer, cleaning, re-coating options, etc. Anybody know who the supplier is, and whether they already offer some mainstream products? I'm sure they can't talk about Tesla-specific stuff but maybe they're re-using something already out in the marketplace...

• Love
Reactions: gabeincal
ONR optimum no rinse which is normally used to wash the exterior of a car, works very well in removing blue jean dye transfer from MS either tan or gray seats. We have done this on at least 20 Tesla's. Wring out the MF towel very well and rub your seats clean. Dry after.

I'm trying to talk my wife into the white seats, she knows how anal I am about keeping the interior clean, so far she thinks black will be better. :)

Getting my Model X within 2 weeks and ordered it with tan leather seats. For what it's worth, I've experienced blue jean dye transfers on all of my previous cars with lighter colored leather (such as gray or tan). I finally found a product and technique that cleans the stains up nicely. Here's what I use: I take Goo Gone (the one that says "Safe for Plastics" on the label and dilute it with some water. I then use a sprayer to apply it to the seat and then use a very absorbent, soft cloth which removes the blue dye in only a couple passes. I then make sure to use a wet rag to remove all residue of the cleaner from the seats. Goo Gone has a very distinctive odor so it's fairly easy to use your nose to verify when the removal is complete. I then use a very high quality leather conditioner with natural oils to return the luster and natural softness that the Goo Gone might have removed from the seats. I'm not sure how well this will work on the synthetic leather used in the awesome Model X white seats. If you have any concerns about this technique, make sure you test it in an area of the car that is less visible.