Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How are your Ultra White Seats looking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Use a high quality automotive polish and then finish off with carnuba wax to take out the scuffs and make the back of your Model X seats look as good as new. I do this with my $70K polished ebony grand piano and it works great. (I learned this from a guy that refinishes pianos for many of the orchestras here in Los Angeles) Please test the technique and waxes on a small area first to get the hang of it. Meguiar's makes some of the best polishes while "Beauty Shine Blue Carnauba 418" is the very best paste wax you can get. Make sure you slowly and softly buff the plastic with the paste wax at the end. Check out Youtube videos to learn the technique and use very soft, cotton towels to make your black plastic look great again.

My wife usually wears blue jeans so we'll report back. No sign of it yet but we have only had the car a week! It takes awhile for the transfer to show up but we have good conditions for it to happen in the Northwest (rain, humidity). We have the Signature White interior for our Model S and those seats definitely show blue jean color transfer. We haven't bothered to get those cleaned yet. I think our detailed should be able to get them out.

Hi Blurry_Eyed

I've ordered the Model X with the ultra white seats last week and still have one week to change my configuration. Still a bit concerned with the choice and not sure how it is holding up with kids, blue jeans and stuff. You promised to give an update and I think that would be VERY interesting for a lot of buyers like me - especially since you have had the ultra white seats for almost a year now. Please give us a quick heads up on how the seats are doing, would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Blurry_Eyed

I've ordered the Model X with the ultra white seats last week and still have one week to change my configuration. Still a bit concerned with the choice and not sure how it is holding up with kids, blue jeans and stuff. You promised to give an update and I think that would be VERY interesting for a lot of buyers like me - especially since you have had the ultra white seats for almost a year now. Please give us a quick heads up on how the seats are doing, would be greatly appreciated!

In my opinion it's holding up better than the tan leather, and wrinkles less even. It's the white stitching that gets dirty. I'd recommend it and get it again though.

Hi Blurry_Eyed

@Blurry_Eyed I've ordered the Model X with the ultra white seats last week and still have one week to change my configuration. Still a bit concerned with the choice and not sure how it is holding up with kids, blue jeans and stuff. You promised to give an update and I think that would be VERY interesting for a lot of buyers like me - especially since you have had the ultra white seats for almost a year now. Please give us a quick heads up on how the seats are doing, would be greatly appreciated!
@Blurry_Eyed I've had my "ultra white" Tesla since July 8th, and the seats have held up remarkably! I will first mention that I drive a lot and already have nearly 16,000 miles on the car, so the seats have been well used. There has been no signs of staining, discoloration or even wrinkles. I was concerned that the seats might change color over time when exposed to the sun (you know how sometimes colors change), but that has not occurred even though my car is parked in a driveway and not a garage.

On a somewhat related note, did you use a referral code when you ordered? They give you $1000 off the car, and I have one that I'm trying to get used, and can give you some free Tesla stuff if you're interested. I'm trying to get a powerwall, which Tesla gives as a reward if I get 7 referrals. I currently have 6 from friends/family and the last one is proving difficult. For 2, 3, and 5 referrals tesla is giving me 1) an exclusive tesla carry on, 2) an exclusive tesla owners jacket, and 3) an extended vip factory tour and Q&A with Franz something. I don't really care about these smaller prizes, and I'll never have time to go to California, so if you were interested in any of these I welcome you to them. If you ordered the car already, I believe you can call Tesla to have them add/change the code. In any case, congrats on the car!

I've seen posts on the forum about the seats being dirty then easily cleaned however some of the stitching was still off color. by chance could someone who falls in this category post a pic of the discolored stiching vs that from say the 2nd or 3rd row that likely doesn't have the same color for comparison?

For me, the stitching is fine (first photo). The felt area between the third row seats is a little weird and off-color, but it always has been. I get the sense that's where things might get a little filthy over the long term. Sorry for the iPhone LED-lit photos; these are in my garage at night.

IMG_3028.JPG
IMG_3029.JPG
IMG_3030.JPG

Thanks for the updates. I have been following @ohmman for over a year on his X and changed config in June from black to white seats based on info from him and others here. The look is fabulous but im a more practical person so was wary of the white.
im even more confident about the white today.

White seats plus the cabin temp control since Version8 and i am set for summer. Hurry up the boat and get my X to me already Tesla!