Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How are your Ultra White Seats looking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know it scotch guard or something like that would be a good idea on the ultra white seats?

Also - best practices on regularly cleaning them and the specific cleaner you use? Mainly concerned about blue transfer from jeans. This video is frightening from Bjorn...

Anyone know it scotch guard or something like that would be a good idea on the ultra white seats?

Also - best practices on regularly cleaning them and the specific cleaner you use? Mainly concerned about blue transfer from jeans. This video is frightening from Bjorn...

He admitted he wore unwashed jeans. My wife and I wear jeans frequently and have had no issues whatsoever with dye transfer. My initial thought was maybe it was because of the dry climate here in Northern California, but we've gone through a very wet winter and still haven't had issues. Just another data point.

Thanks for making these videos by the way - bought mine with white seats after seeing your initial stain test video and really do enjoy them.

I saw a little tinge of blue jean on mine after a while - I do wash all of my jeans before wearing them... but when I say slight tinge it is really subtle. Nothing like what Bjorn shows. If you shine a phone LED light on the seats you cannot see the blue on them. I can only see it in direct sunlight.

I do have the perforated seats though - does make me wonder if there is something different about them. They were discontinued after all...

Anyway - my big question for everyone is if you use any kind of specific cleaner or protectant... or if I should just wash my jeans a dozen times before wearing them in the car. I wear jeans just about every day so that may be factoring in here.

Reactions: EV Family
My perforated white seats are doing quite good. No issues or color transference so far. 20k miles and 1 infant. Never used anything other than damp cloth to clean stuff up. I do keep a Mr. Clean around just in case.

Reactions: Finder
My perforated white seats are doing quite good. No issues or color transference so far. 20k miles and 1 infant. Never used anything other than damp cloth to clean stuff up. I do keep a Mr. Clean around just in case.
Excellent to hear - appreciate the feedback. You wear jeans a lot? Has occurred to me that maybe I should just diversify my pants collection a little.

Reactions: xkwizit
The video mentions that the Vegan seats may not hold up to dogs. We have Vegan seats in our Prius. We and our dog have been using them for 2 1/2 years with NO PROBLEMS. We do not put anything down on the seats for the dog. No scratches, no tears, no stains, no anything. I will want the Vegan option for our TM3! Hopefully they will offer white.

This is my first ever post on a forum! My Model X configuration will be confirmed tomorrow and I was hoping to hear how the early X recipients have felt about the Ultra White Seats. What has your experience with them been, how are they to clean, do you have kids-I have a few, and would you choose them again?

Cheers!
I took deliver of my Model S on June 26, 2017. My vehicle has the white seats, and it looks and feels great! When the vehicle doors are open, the seats get a lot of attention. So far the attention has yielded positive responses. I ate in the car for the first time yesterday and dropped part of my sandwich on my lap, some of which fell onto the seat. Having confidence in the reviews on this forum, I didn't worry about cleaning the seats until I got home. Sure enough, the seats cleaned right up! No problem.